News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Game bug count

Started by alanrotoi, November 13, 2021, 01:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

I'll tell the story backward from 2021 to 1993.
Today I started to race with LM-002 in current zakstunts track. I always use a yellow paintjob and golden as alternative. One of the ingame right side vectors of the LM-002 has a different color. It's blue! :o
It was in zakstunts official pack 2021 so I checked in R4k's Stunts version and I found the same bug. ??? I remembered there is a 2012 version of the game downloaded from Zakstunts and it has the same bug too! All these versions are post Stressed release era so it might be an unintentional error. I checked the Stunts version I shared in 4dStunts League back in 2003... and the bug was there! But hey! It was again a version of BB 1.1 downloaded from zakstunts. Then I recall I also shared my 1st Stunts version I got in 1993. It is a BB 1.0 version so it's the litmus test... and the bug was there!! It's an original bug!
This bug remains in 4D Driving, Mindscape version 1.1 too!

Here's attached the proof :D

Do you know any more bugs?

Cas

Wow!  How come I never noticed this since 1993, when I also first had the game!  I wonder if there is any other bug like this in any other paint job of the original models
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Daniel3D

What a beautiful bug, I'm not near my computer right now but I really want to check the the (as far as I know genuine) original disk images. And the Amiga and PC-98 version.

Now it's known I'll make sure it doesn't get lost in new versions. No reason to fix it.

EDIT: i couldn't wait. so i checked  the Amiga and PC-98 version. Both have it.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

KyLiE

That's an interesting find!  I've never noticed it, probably because I never use that colour and it also doesn't appear on the showroom model.  In regards to other errors, the only ones that I can think of at the moment are:

• Misspelling of the 25th "Aniversary" Lamborghini Countach.
  • When turning right in the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, glitches appear in the dashboard graphics.

alanrotoi

Nice Daniel! So it is a bug from the very beginning! If there is an early version from Mindscape 1.1 there is no need to check because it is everywhere :D Somebody should check in FM Towns version!

KyLiE that "Aniversary" bug is a good one. We chatted about it a month ago because I used the same word and mispel for Melange 19th Anniversary. Long story it wasn't a bug but I changed anyway because in the right way seems more tidy. About the VETT bug I didn't know about it :D

What more we can find??

Daniel3D

The FM towns version and the PC-98 version are (if I'm not mistaken) created by the same team at the same time. So I would be very surprised if it ain't there.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

alanrotoi

Oh didn't know that ;D

About VETT bug it is on BB1.0 too  ;D

alanrotoi

Another error! Audi Quattro Sport window colors are switched between showroom (car0) and ingame (car1), from grey to black.

Cas

Ha, ha... I had never noticed that one!

Well, I'd like to name a well known one: the ships in the original track editor are incorrectly represented. Two of them point South and two point West because they have been aligned by the side instead of the front. Since the ships are symmetric relative to the front-back axis, this alignment makes more sense.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Cas on January 24, 2022, 01:43:39 AM
Ha, ha... I had never noticed that one!

Well, I'd like to name a well known one: the ships in the original track editor are incorrectly represented. Two of them point South and two point West because they have been aligned by the side instead of the front. Since the ships are symmetric relative to the front-back axis, this alignment makes more sense.
How are they orientated in the game itself?
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Cas

The one that in Stunts internal editor points South with its top to the left is the one that really points South in the game. The other one that points South in the internal editor (with the top to the right) actually points North in the game. The one that in the internal editor points West with the top pointing up really points West in the game, but the one that points West in the internal editor with the top pointing down actually points East in the game.

Duplode

Quote from: Cas on January 26, 2022, 02:40:13 AM
The one that in Stunts internal editor points South with its top to the left is the one that really points South in the game. The other one that points South in the internal editor (with the top to the right) actually points North in the game. The one that in the internal editor points West with the top pointing up really points West in the game, but the one that points West in the internal editor with the top pointing down actually points East in the game.

Hmm... I wonder if I have accounted for that in Cartography. Well, I guess that if I had I wouldn't be wondering now  :D

Daniel3D

To bad the PES editor us not implemented in stressed. We could have fixed this simple mistake.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Cas

Ha, ha... we'll do it, we'll do it...
Yes, when I started making Bliss, this is one of the first things I noticed because I thought... "What?  Two boats look North and two boats look West?  Which one is right?"... and I made a simple track and tested it. But I did it wrong for several versions, two of my boats in Bliss were exchanged. Then somebody (I think it was Afullo) pointed out this bug to me and I fixed it.

alanrotoi

Oh another bug when using replay handling. The front wheels position changes always to the left maybe when trying buggy tricks many times. Yesterday it happened with Lancia but I didn't take a picture.