News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Night train

Started by alanrotoi, December 24, 2021, 04:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

I'm taking a night train from Buenos Aires to Mar del Plata. It's a fun travel I didn't do since 1998 😄. It's about 400km railway so it's not like Siberian train. That would be a nice travel. Also another possible travel by train is the Patagonian train. It is a railway from a southern coastal city in the Atlantic ocean to Bariloche in the Andes mountains. All the way throught Patagonia.

Now i will spend christmas in Mar del Plata with my brother (Manowar) and his family.

KyLiE

I bet you weren't posting on a forum from a train in 1998! :P I hope you had a good trip and merry Christmas!

Cas

That's really good. I haven't had a train travel experience in my life. I have been on trains, but only for going from a point to another within the city of Buenos Aires. That's not true "travelling". Oh, and I took the "Tren de la Costa", which does go from a town to another, but it also is quite different from the usual train travel experience. I'll have to catch one of these sometime. When I was in New Zealand, I was going to go from Auckland to Wellington and could choose between plane, bus or train. I immediately thought the train would be the most interesting one... but it turned out it was also the most expensive!  So I ended up catching the bus.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Shoegazing Leo

Except the São Paulo's metro, the only time I got a trains was a Curitiba to Paranaguá in the Carnival 1988, then we got a bus to the near city of Morretes to see a matiné played by a cousin in Cruzeiro (the main club of that city... no... it's not Belo Horizonte, but that Cruzeiro is blue too). To return, we took another bus from Morretes to Curitiba.

The brazilian train system was destroyed and the line I used is today only for cargo or expensive tourist service. It's a railway from the late 19th Century with 110 km. https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estrada_de_Ferro_Curitiba_Paranagu%C3%A1

Duplode

Quote from: Shoegazing Leo on December 29, 2021, 11:55:00 PM
The brazilian train system was destroyed and the line I used is today only for cargo or expensive tourist service. It's a railway from the late 19th Century with 110 km. https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estrada_de_Ferro_Curitiba_Paranagu%C3%A1

That's really a shame. In any case, I did take the touristic train to Morretes once, in 2004. It's a beautiful ride!

Overdrijf

Usrin

Quote from: alanrotoi on December 24, 2021, 04:20:37 AM
I'm taking a night train from Buenos Aires to Mar del Plata. It's a fun travel I didn't do since 1998 😄. It's about 400km railway so it's not like Siberian train.

Europe still has a dense network of passenger trains, but for long-distance journeys they can hardly compete with much cheaper flights, which is a pity in my eyes. The last time I took a night train was in 2012, between Oslo and Stavanger (590 km along the coast). My longest single rail journey was from Budapest to Hamburg (ca. 1200 km), on a daytime train departing around 6 am and arriving at ~7 pm.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

afullo

An old club, renamed as Venus probably in the 1980s. I remember it having the latter name at least since my early childhood, but likely before...