News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

How to calculate the graph

Started by Ryoma, January 25, 2022, 08:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cas

You guys certainly have it a lot clearer than I, ha, ha.

Yes, I can easily find the top of the curve and get the maximum torque and the RPM at which the maximum is hit. Then I'd have to take a careful look at the numbers here and in the wiki to convert this to actual power values. I could also use this to display the Y axis of the graph relative to actual torque or power values instead of internal coordinates. I would like to also allow for every value in the parameter list to be displayable/editable in any of internal/imperial/metric systems. This would aid in the development and calibration of cars made out of real life ones.

I suppose it would be strange to see the power in Watts and the RPMs converted to Hz, even for those of us that use the metric system everyday because cars have their special jargon. Kind of like computer monitors are sized in inches. But still, I think it'd be important to adapt even that because somebody has to make the first move towards universal units, of course, while keeping other units as well.

I will have to retouch some routines... probably rewriting the parameter editing functions.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Duplode

Too bad I can't properly test it right now (no Excel in this computer). Excellent work, Ryoma!

KyLiE

Quote from: Cas on January 26, 2022, 10:41:24 PM
I suppose it would be strange to see the power in Watts

Not at all.  In Australia we use the kilowatt (kW) as the measurement of power output from an engine.  However, as a car enthusiast, I've become familiar with horsepower (HP) measurements as well since they are commonly used elsewhere in the world.

Ryoma

I am familiar with a torque in m.kg not N.m (ratio 9.81) and a speed in Km/h not mph. (Ratio 1.6)

And power is not really representative for me in W (need kW moreover) but in HP (ch in France CV is for fiscal power).

Ryoma

The original Ferrari GTO had passed the bench :
The weight is correct but the power is far away the real one (320Hp instead of 400).

Another thing, the 5th does not allowed (in normal condition not PG) to reach the maximum speed.

Ryoma

The countach, it seems but i need to confirm that it's the spec of the LP400 with a 4L V12.

In that case, we can use the dashboard from TD1 or 2.

Zapper

Ryoma, as a suggestion, can you try some more bench tests on some of my car pack:

http://zak.stunts.hu/dl/zapper-cars.zip

this car pack was created with the goal of getting the real performance figures of original stunts cars.

Ryoma

Ryoma

Ryoma

Ryoma

Ryoma

Zapper

From the shown results it seems that back in the day (2002), aimming to real 0-60MPH, top speed or using just torque curves (when accessible) was not accurate enough to get the correct performance.
I used CarTest 4.5 as a source of information back then:

(https://archive.org/details/cartest_202106)

Seems now that "Zapper's Car Pack" has room to achive the "tunned for REAL" state :D

Zapper

I've compared your bench results with CarTest3 for the Lamborghini Countach (Zapper's Car Pack) and I see that the performance specs differ:

MaxTorque: 462 Nm vs 492 Nm
MaxPower: 367 HP vs 391 HP

Ryoma

As Duplode said and as I understand : torque and weight are linked. It's the reason why the countach and the gto are speedy.

Another thing : I used 7 as ratio between torque and game value but this value change from 6.5 to 7.5 for the original cars. The only car which correspond exactly is the carrera 4.

To finish, I used the same value of 7 to have all my cars correspond each other. The only thing I discover thanks Duplode is the use of the idle torque. That explain me why I had to increase weight for the 328 and Delta S4.

492/462*7 = 7.45 the value used by caredit.