News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

The Purple Sunset Enduro (2022-04-02)

Started by KyLiE, March 07, 2022, 07:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which car should we use for The Purple Sunset Enduro?

Chevrolet Corvette CERV III
4 (50%)
Ferrari F40
2 (25%)
Lamborghini Countach
0 (0%)
Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R
0 (0%)
Porsche 911 Turbo
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: April 02, 2022, 02:00:34 PM

KyLiE

Quote from: dreadnaut on March 29, 2022, 07:25:16 PM
Might be easier to ensure that the track does not have shortcuts with penalty worth taking.

Do you mean worth taking including the penalty time that the game applies?  If so, it will still be difficult to validate the replay since it won't show any evidence of penalty time unless you cross the finish line.

Quote from: alanrotoi on March 29, 2022, 07:46:05 PM
By the way, how many time we will have to race? Should we film the race? How it will be?

As per the Le Stunts endurance racing topic, you will have 12 minutes to record an 8 minute replay.  You're welcome to film yourself during the race, but it's not required.

Overdrijf

I'll be trying to make it. It's an extra crazy week this week in an already packed 3 months, but live racing is live racing.

alanrotoi

Quote from: KyLiE on March 29, 2022, 08:40:15 PM
Quote from: dreadnaut on March 29, 2022, 07:25:16 PM
Might be easier to ensure that the track does not have shortcuts with penalty worth taking.

Do you mean worth taking including the penalty time that the game applies?  If so, it will still be difficult to validate the replay since it won't show any evidence of penalty time unless you cross the finish line.

Quote from: alanrotoi on March 29, 2022, 07:46:05 PM
By the way, how many time we will have to race? Should we film the race? How it will be?

As per the Le Stunts endurance racing topic, you will have 12 minutes to record an 8 minute replay.  You're welcome to film yourself during the race, but it's not required.

Thank you! Now I know how it works

dreadnaut

Quote from: KyLiE on March 29, 2022, 08:40:15 PM

Excluding the penalty time ;D  Cutting the track should take longer than sticking close to the track.

Overdrijf

Just don't drive lines that give penalty time. Anything else is on the table.

Daniel3D

So, basically just follow the road. Stunts may not be bypassed but taken as you like. Bridges and up/down corkscrew may be bypassed.

Is that right?

Replays will be reviewed I reckon?
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

KyLiE

Quote from: dreadnaut on March 29, 2022, 11:08:01 PM
Cutting the track should take longer than sticking close to the track.

In that case, I will update the track so we can race with freestyle rules and allow penalty time.  Not that it will be worth it anymore, but at least everyone will have the freedom to race as they please.  The only requirement is that you must cross the designated finish line to complete a lap.

Quote from: Overdrijf on March 30, 2022, 10:33:56 AM
Just don't drive lines that give penalty time. Anything else is on the table.

That's what I thought.  On both tracks that were used in the last live race, half of the track could be bypassed if you ignored penalty time, but nobody did that.  In any case, it shouldn't be an issue for this race. :)

Quote from: Daniel3D on March 30, 2022, 11:08:15 AM
So, basically just follow the road. Stunts may not be bypassed but taken as you like. Bridges and up/down corkscrew may be bypassed.

Is that right?

Replays will be reviewed I reckon?

As I mentioned, we will be racing with freestyle rules, just like ZakStunts.  The only difference is that penalty time will be ignored.  Like the last live race, everyone's replay will be reviewed by a fellow pipsqueak immediately after the race and the results posted in this topic.  I will review everyone's replay again later when I prepare the race summary.

Overdrijf

So I can just run tiny circles across the finish line and back? ;D

KyLiE

Quote from: Overdrijf on March 30, 2022, 07:22:46 PM
So I can just run tiny circles across the finish line and back? ;D

I feel like I'm going down a rabbit hole with this.  You could do that, but that's not fun and we're here to have fun, right?

alanrotoi

Why penalty time won't count? It is because the short time we have to race?

KyLiE

Quote from: alanrotoi on March 31, 2022, 12:26:56 PM
Why penalty time won't count? It is because the short time we have to race?

As dreadnaut mentioned, it makes it difficult to validate the replays.  When the game applies penalty time, it makes you aware of this in two ways:

• A message on the screen while you are driving.
  • On the evaluation screen after you cross the finish line.
However, when you play back a replay where penalty time was applied, the message that appeared while you were driving is no longer visible.  The only way to tell is to continue driving and cross the finish line.  In the case of a live race, there is a good chance that you won't be anywhere near the finish line at the end of the replay.  Therefore, to make it easier for everyone to review the replays after the race, the decision was made to ignore penalty time completely.

alanrotoi

Ooh understood! :D Sorry I'm slow learning :D

Cas

How about this?: the replay verifying person is free to choose whether to take the time to verify if there's penalty time and if there is, add it to the lap time. If somebody does something crazy like just going around the start/finish line, that's a good time to do just this, ha, ha... But if the replay looks normal, probably the verifying person will choose to not do it. Just in case, it's always better to try to not get penalty time :P
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

KyLiE

Attached is the track for tomorrow's race.  I've added a poll to vote for the car that we'll be using.  To avoid confusion, we'll be racing with the rules that have been discussed.  That is, freestyle rules and penalty time will be ignored.  I'll be in the chat an hour before the race to prepare and answer any last-minute questions. :)

alanrotoi

Nice! Downloaded. About the car I voted Nissan but I tryied to vote Porsche 911 Turbo that I haven't tried for years and we can't find it in any competition this year. Sorry! My vote goes for Porsche 911 Turbo.