News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Street Rod 1 and 2

Started by Ryoma, April 16, 2022, 04:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryoma

Another game from dos Era with lit of Pony and Muscle Car. The dashboard did not change a lot for differents cars

alanrotoi

Yep I tryied to steal the dashboards but they were too simple :D Street Rod were excellent games!

Cas

Street Rod is the first PC cars game I've ever played. My uncle had an XT with a green Hercules monochrome monitor and he got this game. It's a demonstration of how "good graphics" is a concept that has nothing to do with resolution or colour depth. I really found it more impressive with Hercules graphics. In CGA, it's still good, but the CGA colours made it lose its feeling of shiny metal. Later, I got Street Rod 2
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

Quote from: Cas on April 16, 2022, 11:04:29 PM
Street Rod is the first PC cars game I've ever played. My uncle had an XT with a green Hercules monochrome monitor and he got this game. It's a demonstration of how "good graphics" is a concept that has nothing to do with resolution or colour depth.

All hail your uncle! Send my salutes! Maybe he created the seed of all what you are doing for the community!
About the graphics I couldn't be more agree. Hercules monochrome has in my opinion better resolution than CGA. I also played Street Rod I with Hercules :)

alanrotoi

It's funny because I wrote this about Packard Eight my most recent custom car: "The meaning of the power gear integrated is to cause an unexpected reaction just like it happens when playing Street Rod game. That game takes place in 1963 but you can find an underestimated Ford Sedan 1932 being one of the fastest cars in the game."

Everything is connected. We work as a collective mind :D