News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Census day

Started by alanrotoi, May 18, 2022, 03:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cas

I think the eletronic version of the census is unreliable simply because people can fill whatever they want there and there is no actual person looking at them. Of course, they could also lie in front of their faces, but some things are evident when you're looking at the person and the place they live in. Besides, people feel more comfortable to enter bogus online than to say it to a person face to face. For certain, lots of data can be obtained without the need of a census. For instance, if you have an ID and you have to update it from time to time, then you're being counted already. Same goes for driving licenses and other similar things. So not saying that we won't have the data we need, just that perhaps the whole digital census is useless and if we're not going to make it personally, not making it at all could be just as reliable.

Yes, governments spy on us. The US is famous for it, through PRISM, but other governments do the same thing, only they haven't been publicly caught in the act. They're all the same in that regard. In terms of privacy, they won't provide. It's us who're supposed to work on it.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.