News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Visiting Europe

Started by Cas, May 28, 2022, 05:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cas

Hi, guys!  I'm beginning to plan a trip to Europe. If everything goes well and according to plan, this could be a reality for next November. However, I don't have a lot of money or a lot of time... yet enough to make it worth it. I really would like to have a whole year to travel through Europe, but I can't even make myself a whole month this time, so I'll have to get picky.

I'm interesting in knowing what the CoViD situation is in your countries. In particular, if people are required to prove vaccination to go to restaurants, shopping centres, etc., and in that case, how they normally prove it. I am vaccinated, but I have the Russian vaccine that's not recognised almost anywhere and even worse right now. I think now it is possible to get other vaccines so if I'm to get another dose, I'll try to pick according to convenience.

Also, if some of you are going to travel within Europe and get together, we could sync. As I said, I don't have a lot of time, but at least meeting some of you guys along the way briefly would be great. I still have to calculate where I can go. I think I'd be visiting probably three countries and one city in each. If I make it to have more stops, it will be too quick.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: Cas on May 28, 2022, 05:08:07 PM
I'm interesting in knowing what the CoViD situation is in your countries. In particular, if people are required to prove vaccination to go to restaurants, shopping centres, etc., and in that case, how they normally prove it. I am vaccinated, but I have the Russian vaccine that's not recognised almost anywhere and even worse right now. I think now it is possible to get other vaccines so if I'm to get another dose, I'll try to pick according to convenience.

At the moment many European countries practically don't have COVID rules (including NOR, SWE, GBR, CZE, HUN, POL, ROM, NED, DEN, CRO, AUT). But some Southwest European countries and Western Central ones (ITA, ESP, BEL, FRA, POR, GER) still hold on to the importance of the vaccination (these countries generally require 3 vaccines, at least the last one being a Western one). Without adequate vaccination, a PCR test is required, which have to be paid yourself. I'm not well informed about the Eastern European region.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Daniel3D

/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad

You have to try to get a vaccine. That makes life easier.
The vaccine you received must have been approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) or be on the Emergency Use Listing of the World Health Organization (WHO). This is currently the case for the following vaccines:

AstraZeneca EU (Vaxzevria)
AstraZeneca - Japan (Vaxzevria)
AstraZeneca - Australia (Vaxzevria)
AstraZeneca-SK Bio (Vaxzevria)
AstraZeneca - Thailand (Siam Bioscience Co., Ltd)
COVAXIN (Bharat Biotech International Ltd)
Covovax
Nuvaxovid (Novavax)
Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine - United States of America
Pfizer/BioNTech (Comirnaty)
Johnson & Johnson ((COVID-19 Vaccine) Janssen)
Moderna (Spikevax)
Serum Institute of India (Covishield)
Sinopharm BIBP/Sinopharm BBIBP
Sinovac (Coronavac)

That is what is needed to get into Europe. Can be changed then, but something to keep in mind and prepare for.
Here there are no other restrictions in the Netherlands in every day life.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

I'm sorry, I'm always checking the web page of the Hungarian Consular Services to be aware of up-to-date COVID travel restrictions. So what I've written, is only valid for EU citizens. Yes, according to Daniel's information, you need a proper vaccine (or tests) to enter the Netherlands. Or a citizenship of an EU country.

629.09 km

Cas

Thank you, guys!  Yes, it's relatively easier for me to find out about entry requirements with the travel agent. What's harder is to know about admittance to public spaces, but you have anyway given me a good idea of both things. I wonder if having two Russian doses, a third dose of one of the vaccines that Daniel listed is enough or if I need several doses.

Daniel3D

Most require 2 doses. I would opt for moderna or phizer. They are very different to sputnik. That way you also have extra protection.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Cas

Yes, the thing is I can't have two doses in a very small time. So I'll probably only be able to get one before the trip

alanrotoi

Yes vaccines are important... But let's talk about possible Stunts meetings in that trip  :) ;D

This is good news, Italy will soon be available for all without vaccination or test: https://www.thelocal.it/20220530/italy-set-to-scrap-covid-entry-rules-for-travellers/

629.09 km

Daniel3D

I would like to have a meeting. But I am quite restricted in my travel possibilities.
I can arrange something in Amsterdam. Maybe even setup some event with the retro computer museum (closed due to the pandemic)..
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Usrin

Norway does not require any vaccination or COVID test from visitors, but if you are coming to Europe in November, I would rather recommend the southern countries. Here in the northwest, it is certainly the part of the year with the shittiest weather. With some luck, you can also catch a dry and mild late autumn in Central Europe.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Cas

Yes, in general, I know it's not a great time of the year for visiting Europe, but that's what I've got!

Daniel3D

Well in Europe the weather is unpredictable no matter where or when you go. The north has rain. The south has heatwaves.  ;D
In November you at least know that the weather is probably bad, so you can prepare for it.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Usrin

Quote from: Daniel3D on June 01, 2022, 07:03:05 PM
Well in Europe the weather is unpredictable no matter where or when you go.

Amateur meteorologists (Akoss Poo & I) may disagree. :)
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Usrin on June 02, 2022, 10:23:17 AM
Quote from: Daniel3D on June 01, 2022, 07:03:05 PM
Well in Europe the weather is unpredictable no matter where or when you go.

Amateur meteorologists (Akoss Poo & I) may disagree. :)
you May  8)
But I noticed when I plan a vacation, I have about a 50% chance that the weather is not what you had in mind.
Spain had some (pre-season?) heat waves last year, so those that went to have nice, not too hot weather were in for a surprise.
I had my holiday close to home (70 KM) and aimed for 25 to 30 degrees Celsius dry weather. Which is the norm around that time.
I got 20 degrees Celsius and 50% rain,... I would have had better weather if i had stayed at home  ;D

So yeah,  2 or 3 days ahead I can predict the weather quite well, but several months ahead, all bets are off in my experience.
Edison once said,
---------
---------