News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Nailwood Island

Started by zaqrack, October 19, 2002, 11:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Archived from the old forum:

Nailwood Island

Here you can write your comments and votes on Nailwood Island

ZakKrack
Stunts expert
(10/19/02 5:18:49 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

Re: Nailwood Island

Well, driven with the indy, auto or manual transmission, you can easily achieve 6th gear with some jumps, and then immediately slow down, because of a corner or as stunts-part. This is good, but not thtough a whole track. A bit irritating. The whole track is about speed up - brake down, and not enough other type challenge.
Indy Feeling Auto trm.: 2
Indy Feeling Manual trm.: 2

The island looks quite nice I like the small village too, but I don't like that the whole island is a hill, and when driving you can almost only see the water
Scenery: 3

Shotrcut problem is well-solved with the big water, altough it's a bit repetitive (4), and the length of the track is ok (4), but the average speed is too slow. (2)
Competition: 3

Alltogether 14, so my overall rating for Nailwood Island is: Bad. 2

Zak

Mingva
Stunts fanatic
(10/19/02 5:22:50 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Track designed by Nailwood Company?

I raced this track with Jaguar and Lancia. Could be good (after editing it a little) for average speed cars. There's my oppinion after racing few times:

Advantages: shortcuts?;
Disadvantages: impossible to finish track without RH first time, some slow corners and useless elements.

Not needed or what to change:
- 1st cork and slalom in the beginning;
- sharp corner after 2nd tunnel;
- sharp corner near finish line.

There's my vote:
Fun and interest - 1.5 from 3
Length and Layout - 2 from 3
Terrain and Scenery - 2 from 3

So, my overal vote for Nailwood is 3

al il professore
Stunts addict
(10/19/02 6:57:18 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Track designed by Nailwood Company?

hard. I dont like when its hard and i cant feel that I can do well on some track. This one reminds me ISA too much. 1 for the work it demanded. But I should have given no note... sorry. [/i]

Akoss Poo

Not a bad track, sometimes quite enjoyable because it contained some good idea and good corner combinations but the terrain is only average. But I didn't like the first part of the track, it was too difficult to be enjoyable. I know that we won't have bad tracks so that means my vote for Nailwood is 2.

CTG

Very nice but I'm unable to drive a great lap on it... :(  Mark:3

CTG

The screens of Dover and Nailwood are more or less the same but latter seemed to be more boring (its not easier, but there are some awful corners...). I can't give better than 2 points :roll:

BonzaiJoe

Good track
Good terrain
Good competition compatibility
Good length
But we can't be quite sure.

BonzaiJoe

But we can't be quite sure.

alanrotoi

Totaly agree with Bonzai:
Very Good track
Good terrain
Good competition compatibility (funny with ISA rules)
Good length
5 points !

Krys TOFF

Good track ! :D
Tough track ! :shock: (especially the beginning)
Too much water  :?
Not enough scenery : lots of water and there's only one boat, only trees seen when driving (except the poor lone boat)...
Overall note : 4.

CTG

Only a mark: 3 points...

Argammon

-not enough hard parts

average track: 3

CTG

Nice work! Very enjoyable & good scenery. 5 points

Usrin

It was my favourite track! Not too hard, but very enjoyable and enough for amateurs. The scenery is the most beautiful I've ever seen.  :)

My vote: 5
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

alanrotoi

Quote from: "Mingva said:"

Not needed or what to change:
- 1st cork and slalom in the beginning;
- sharp corner after 2nd tunnel;
- sharp corner near finish line.

:!: Yes allright, and remove the start/finish line too :)
:?: Where do you want to race on? In a boring ring like indianapolis 500?

alanrotoi

Quote from: "CrazyDriver"Nice work! Very enjoyable & good scenery. 5 points

You are right, but ghosts can't vote here, so shut up!!  :lol:

alanrotoi

Answers:
:arrow: I thought this track will get more points that Dover Island. Ok, it wasn't :)

Quote from: "zaqrack"A bit irritating. The whole track is about speed up - brake down, and not enough other type challenge.
:arrow: Very irritating! it's made to destry cars and receive the payment of the secure :D It's very hard, but in the last part it makes easy.

(I just response to Mingva)

al il professore Wrote:
Quote1 for the work it demanded. But I should have given no note... sorry.

:arrow:  :evil:  :!:  :lol:

?kos Wrote:
QuoteBut I didn't like the first part of the track, it was too difficult to be enjoyable.

:arrow: I did it very difficult because I thought we would like the hard tracks. Oops, I was wrong :D

CTG Wrote:
QuoteThe screens of Dover and Nailwood are more or less the same
:arrow: Yes I don't know why, but they born very similar :D They are sisters :D

alanrotoi wrote:
QuoteGood competition compatibility (funny with ISA rules)
:arrow: Because If you leave the road you can find: Any structure, water, grass. :D

Krys the borg wrote:
Quotethere's only one boat
I'll tell you a story. (please don't believe it): Last summer I went in vacations to the Pacific Ocean to explore. I found an archipelago of 9 islands and I took high pictures of them. When I arrived home I reproduce them in the track edit of stunts and I built a track over each island (I have only 4 yet, but I will build the other 5.). After that I decided to send the tracks to this contest. And why there aren't boats? These islands have a coralline origin, and it's too dangerous to sail there. that's why I took the pictures from a helicopter (F2).

Argammon Wrote:
Quote-not enough hard parts

:arrow: This must be a joke. I guess this is the hardest track :D (Mingva wants this track easy like a ring and you want it harder. How funny!)

Usrin Wrote:
QuoteIt was my favourite track! Not too hard, but very enjoyable and enough for amateurs. The scenery is the most beautiful I've ever seen.

:arrow: Your post surprised, because I guess it's better than Dover, but enough of difficulty. I love the scenary :D Thank you!