News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Beijing

Started by ZakKrack, October 18, 2002, 10:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Here you can write your comments and votes on Beijing

Mingva

I raced with Indy and Lancia on it. Is written that track designed for indy but I have more fun with driving slow car. It's noncense to race with indy. So my oppinion after racing few times with Lancia:

Advantages: large view range, nice scenery;

Disadvantages: a little long, must use brakes a lot because of corners.

Not needed or what to change:

- 2nd cork in the beginning and sharp corner after it;

- sharp corners in the middle of the track;

- curvy road in the end of track (better straight road after last jump).

There's my vote:

Fun - 1 from 3

Length and Layout - 2 from 3

Terrain and Scenery - 3 from 3

So, my overal vote for Beijing is 3  

zaqrack

It's not such a power-gear track, altough you can achieve it at oe point with both transmissions. There are lots of sharp corners, which need intensive braking of course, but you have enough time to brake down, it's not annoying, but challenging. Really liked the double corkscrew, and the jump - sharp hill combo, but somehow, something is missing from this track, it's just not complete. No difference between the transmission types, so:

Indy feeling auto trm.: 4

Indy feeling, manual trm.: 4

Simply beautiful. The track in the woods, between the hills, and the river far away, with some natural looking square-ponds in the overview. While driving is nice to see these small ponds, and somehow the strange mix of the different trees is not annoying, but relaxing.

Scenery: 5

It's a tricky part, so there'd be big differences between amateur and pro pipsqueaks. (4). Shortcuts are almost well solved, the double sharp corner at the end is easy to cheat, maybe it's not a mistake (4). Also there is another shortcutty-looking part, but I won't tell where.   Lenght is 10 secs longert than ideal. (4)

Competition score: 4

So, alltogheter 25 points, which makes this a very good track, but not a classic one. 4.

Zak

al il professore

good job

5. Just love it.

i drive several times and enjoy the short cut possibilities. also the landscape is beautiful. Not important for driving, but it helps in choice.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.