Author Topic: Default track  (Read 66 times)

alanrotoi

• Makes love with Stunts
  • Suck my Indy!
    • View Profile
    • Maite Zaitut, La Vengadora Oscura
Default track
« on: August 03, 2022, 03:53:12 PM »
Default track as you know it's a dual-way track. When you race against an opponent they always choose the shortest way... so why they choose the longest way in this track? The longest way is too much longer than the shortest so it is not the same. The question is: WHY? ???

Cas

• Chicane Checker
  • Think different. That's OK... as long as you think
    • View Profile
    • Dimioca Labs
Re: Default track
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 05:22:41 PM »
I had a feeling about this and I made a test and the result was what I expected. I first made the control test with Skid driving the Melange and I driving the Jaguar on the Default track. As you mentioned, Skid turns left at the first split point, taking the much longer path. However, I made the same test in the Tluafed track (attached here) and Skid goes straight. He does not turn right. I think there is a relation between taking turns at splits and whether the opponent's car is at the moment nearer the left or right side of the road. Thus, the starting position affects this just as do things like the pipsqueak's car being near at the moment that the opponent reaches the split point or also, if the opponent has just completed a stunt that left him/her on a certain side of the road and a split comes right after. This has to be tested thoroughly.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Daniel3D

• Chicane Checker
  • so many ideas....
    • View Profile
    • Stunts resources.
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 10:56:16 PM »
I did some tests as well (there is a topic about it) and there are some general things that are of influence.
The position of the player(PL) when the automated opponent (AO) comes to the split.
The position of the AO (eg after the slalom blocks) that may be of influence.
What the game considers the fastest route, stunts have different speed settings than flat road.

Although many tests show that these things are of influence, they can not explain all behavior,
Like the default track, so more research must be done.
Edison once said,
“I have not failed 10,000 times,
I’ve successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work.”
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts or 4D Sports Driving.

alanrotoi

• Makes love with Stunts
  • Suck my Indy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 11:36:20 PM »
This is hard to check but when I had BB1.0 version back in 90s, as far as I remember, the opponents always too the shortest way. It was a surprise when I see the opposite since the last 20 years.

Cas

• Chicane Checker
  • Think different. That's OK... as long as you think
    • View Profile
    • Dimioca Labs
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 12:50:18 AM »
I still have a copy of BB Stunts 1.0 if you want it. It's the one I had until I started participating in ZakStunts, I think.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

• Makes love with Stunts
  • Suck my Indy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2022, 01:29:47 AM »
Thanks I still have my original copy. I'm watching some old replays now :D