News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Wishlist & Application

Started by zaqrack, October 30, 2002, 11:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mingva

You about me? :roll:

BonzaiJoe

Alan, what are you on about? Don't you read what we write?? I am making absolutely no discrimination between pro and amateur leagues, and I have already stated this several times. The idea I described, I heard from the great coordinator Zak, so your post makes no sense at all...
But to your question why from before:
We are out to find the best driver, not the luckiest/unluckiest driver. In any year, it is easy to have a bad month, you can be away for half of it, you can have very important work to do, so you don't have time to drive, anything. This means that you will get more points if you are very persistent, or have no life. Just look at this year: I am in the lead of the competition. Hardly because I'm the best driver, moreover because I seem to be the most persistent driver. I have driven all races with fair results, and I have not been hanging out with girls or entering in May or something like that :). If the two worst results didn't count, it would be a slight advantage for me, but a much bigger advantage for others, and it would mean that you or Roy would be leading.
I suppose you know that the moment you are promoted to pro league, all your previous points count with the pro-league rules, which means there is no discrimination. Am I making myself clear?

And just for the hell of it, let's say it again: OF COURSE YOU GET RELEGATED IF YOU MISS A MONTH IN PRO LEAGUE.
But we can't be quite sure.

alanrotoi

Find a Luckiest/unluckiest driver is relative. I felt very lucky in zct18 because if I got that result was because I tried and tried searching for tricks that finaly I didn't found. And as I remember you are a lucky guy too. You are first with only 1 race won in all the year. But is allright because the rules allows this things.

I know you have a very long and great stunts carreer, I don't have doubts about that and I enjoy too much race against you because you are one of the best. But at the time of the desitions when Zak ask: "what do you want for the contest? This or that?" All of us have the oportunity to say our opinion, with the same value, been the best driver or been the worst stupid and silly stallin driver (AKA Bernie Rubber:D).

I posted what I think about an unfair thing. You said that you have a slight advantage with that, but the other drivers too:
QuoteIf the two worst results didn't count, it would be a slight advantage for me, but a much bigger advantage for others

When there is an advantage to someone there is ALWAYS a disadvanatange to another. Not everybody can have advantage with only that idea, because it would not have against whom to have that advantage. Your post is a "falacia" (deceit), as we call it in psychology.

QuoteAm I making myself clear?
Of course yes, much more than before you showed us your opinion and wishes for next year: "Glue rules".

But don't take it too hard, it's only my opinion.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Alan, I don't understand you. Why are you argueing with Bonzai? Isn't it the same if you have 10 or 12 1st places? Again I can't understand you, and I can't understand Bonzai at this point, I can't imagine that you will be in the last two.
People who have a good shortcut finder teammate won't be in trouble, I'm not mentioning names... :evil:
Bonzai will win this year I'm sure. :)
And one thing: it would be good and relieving if we fixed Rules 2003 until 31st December 2002. That means no change until the end of next year. :D

Emancipation must die! :twisted:
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

alanrotoi

Quote from: "Akoss Poo"Alan, I don't understand you. Why are you argueing with Bonzai? Isn't it the same if you have 10 or 12 1st places? Again I can't understand you, and I can't understand Bonzai at this point, I can't imagine that you will be in the last two.

I don't understand you, but I can explain easy what I trying to say: I want for 2003 equal rules for all and that the pro pipsqueaks does not have advantages over the beginners.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

First I said that if we leave the 2 worst results you'll have 10 first places, if we don't leave them, you'll have 12 next year. But it will never matter you: you'll won. So all is the same for you. So it's not you for who is worthy to argue with Bonzai.
Then I said that relegation won't frighten you and Bonzai, so it's again the same: those people are destined to argue this rule with Zak who can be relegated.
I hope I was clear.
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

alanrotoi

No Akoss... :( You do not understand my intentions and/or I don't explain me very well.

BonzaiJoe

Did I ever disagree on that?
About the advantage thing: You are right. But the point is that it would of course be a disadvantage to me, because I have driven all races, and my worst results are two 5th places. Other people's worst results are missed tracks or 7th-8th places (or anything else). I still don't understand the thing with the beginners. What would be different for beginners with my (Zak's) system?

Krys TOFF

Hey guyz,

Imagine someone enters in November (like those newcomers : Vlad, Andr? Geo, ...). If u put out his 2 worst results, he won't have any other result to put in scoreboard! :shock:
I disagree with the "put away 2 worst results" idea. And i agree with Alan.

As for the Pro League. Well, of course, i want to be in. But i fear i'm too slow for that.. :cry: Wait and see...

zaqrack

nooo, you misunderstood.

not two worst not counts.
ten best counts.

ok? :)

BonzaiJoe

Yeah Zak, that's right :D

Krys TOFF

Vlad

Hi,

I enter this competition on november, I know i won't be
first at the end of the season.
Some year ago, Michael Scumacher broke is leg in England
track. All of the race he missed was simply lost. He didn't
get any point at all for these races.
I don't care to finish the season in 15th place. I know I can't
win the championship, if i do win it, i think i'll retire.

The 2 league will be good for beginner here. Beginner don't
know tricks, bug and shortcut. I have a 2:15:70 on ZCT19.
I'm 12 second slower than the 13th. I'm in 14th position, that
mean i'm 4th in the amateur league. I need 2 more places to
get in the Pro League. That's really cool.
Pro who doesn't race should ALL BE RELEGATED. And the Pro
league should always be with a fix amount of pipsqueak. So, if 4 Pro
doesn't race, i'll be in the Pro league next month, because 4
amateur will be promoted.

These rules seem more fun for the Amateur. But, i don't know
if i want to get to Pro next month. I think I need some more
practice. Is there a way to stay in amateur? Is it really usefull
to be in Pro? ( more point ).

The scoring system ( 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1) is good, but may i suggest
something?
NASCAR POINT SYSTEM.
If you race, and finish last, you get point. If you don't race, you
get 0 point. The real point system is 175-170-165-160 etc...
but here we can get lower point. 50-47-44-43-40-38-36-34-32-30-29...

Just to tell you again, I really like the 2 league, at least, i'll be
in better place next year.

For other rules, i need more time to understand it.

Vlad

zaqrack

Quote from: "Vlad"
Pro who doesn't race should ALL BE RELEGATED. And the Pro
league should always be with a fix amount of pipsqueak. So, if 4 Pro
doesn't race, i'll be in the Pro league next month, because 4
amateur will be promoted.
this is just a fantastic ide, we'll use this system for sure. :)

Zak