News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Names

Started by BonzaiJoe, October 30, 2002, 11:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulk

So Mark didn't make it clear... What is he hiding? ???
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

I have a tip... (I'll tell via MSN)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers
Quote from: CTG
What is L in Mark L. Rivers? :)
"L" it's not an initial of a proper name...
L for left-writer man ? ::)
L for loser (motivating insult) ? :P
L for lucky (especially with indy powergear) ? ;)
L for Leo Ramone (damn ! Leo knows how to manage manual gears now ?) ? :o
L for liar (so you're not Italian, you are another CTG's ghost) ? ;D
L for Lucy or any other woman name starting with an L (because you're a woman and Mark is the name of your brother/father/lover) ? :D
L for libero (your website url is http://digilander.libero.it/stunts.SDR) ? :)

CTG

L like Al (il professore)? :)

L like Lupuszka? ;D

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Krys TOFF on June 19, 2007, 11:15:40 AM
Quote from: Mark L. Rivers
Quote from: CTG
What is L in Mark L. Rivers? :)
"L" it's not an initial of a proper name...
L for lucky (especially with indy powergear) ? ;)
L for Leo Ramone (damn ! Leo knows how to manage manual gears now ?) ? :o
L for Lucy or any other woman name starting with an L (because you're a woman and Mark is the name of your brother/father/lover) ? :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

CTG

What about Duplode, Antti, dstein?

dstien

Quote from: CTG on September 09, 2008, 12:19:48 AM
Mine isn't very exciting, it's just an abbreviation of my real name. I used to have a unique nick with a thrilling back-story, but abandoned it as the Internet became mainstream and I found myself having to explain and spell it in awkward social situations.

Antti is a very common Finnish male name, but with all the uncertainty and doubt surrounding Stunts scoreboard entries thanks to certain community members, nobody knows if he's real. :)

Krys TOFF

dstien = D. Stein or Dr Stein, creator of the famous monster. ;D

Helloween - Dr Stein (from "Keeper of the 7 keys" part 2 album, good old days when Kay Hansen was a key member of the band)

Dr. Stein grows funny creatures
Lets them run into the night
They become great politicians
And their time is right

Duplode

Quote from: dstien on September 09, 2008, 01:51:01 AM
Mine isn't very exciting, it's just an abbreviation of my real name. I used to have a unique nick with a thrilling back-story, but abandoned it as the Internet became mainstream and I found myself having to explain and spell it in awkward social situations.

Antti is a very common Finnish male name, but with all the uncertainty and doubt surrounding Stunts scoreboard entries thanks to certain community members, nobody knows if he's real. :)

It wouldn't be Yallis, would it? :)

Quote from: CTG on September 09, 2008, 12:19:48 AM

Mine is not too complicated either. Like all of my nicks, it comes from the one "unique" characteristic of my real name:
Daniel David Mlot Pinheiro
As you can see, it's a double-D name. In fact, "Double D" or just "Double" is my current general-use nickname. Anyway, "double D" becomes "duplo dê" in Portuguese. From there to "Duplode" is a simple step, and that's how my online nick was created long before ZakStunts even existed... the only subtlety is that "Duplode" is not supposed to be pronounced like "duplo dê" in Portuguese (stress in the "dê"), but rather with stress on the "plo" - so that the connection is not immediately obvious :)

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on September 09, 2008, 05:05:44 PM
Mine is not too complicated either. Like all of my nicks, it comes from the one "unique" characteristic of my real name:
Daniel David Mlot Pinheiro
As you can see, it's a double-D name. In fact, "Double D" or just "Double" is my current general-use nickname. Anyway, "double D" becomes "duplo dê" in Portuguese. From there to "Duplode" is a simple step, and that's how my online nick was created long before ZakStunts even existed... the only subtlety is that "Duplode" is not supposed to be pronounced like "duplo dê" in Portuguese (stress in the "dê"), but rather with stress on the "plo" - so that the connection is not immediately obvious :)
So... Duplóyi!  (for Spanish speakers) ;)

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on September 10, 2008, 12:38:09 AM
So... Duplóyi!  (for Spanish speakers) ;)

Yep, with an open "o", indeed. And that pronunciation sounds cool  :)

Chulk

Zak, is there a way to attach voice files, so we can post the correct pronounciation of our names?

zaqrack

yes, I just authorized attaching mp3 and wav. Hope it'll be enough.

Chulk

Quote from: zaqrack on September 11, 2008, 04:29:01 PM
yes, I just authorized attaching mp3 and wav. Hope it'll be enough.
Thanks! I'll send mine as soon as I get home (I'm in my girlfriends PC and she doesn't have a mic here). Hope you all do the same, I really like to hear people's accents from around the world.

Duplode

Great idea Chulk! I am curious to hear everyone else too... there you have my soundbite  :)