News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

i would like to see a real competition

Started by juank 23, January 22, 2002, 08:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juank 23

when i strated racing stunts, i always used to take all the track, i mean run without taking shorcuts, i feel that the game turns a little borring this way, dont you think that the competition would be more interesant and fair by taking all the track, to be honest i think it would be better and fair,and i hope all of you take it on account.

roywiegerinck

I agree,

and how is this possible : Yes............

a closed track

zaqrack

Ok, I tell you what I know.

That other competition which is planned will have very strict rules: You can`t leave the track (with some exceptions, which I don`t know, but it`s not my comp. ). So that`ll be absolutely closed. Some like it, some not.

I`ll stay at my method. If I want a closed track, I make a closed track, if I want an open one, I make an open one. Less work, everybody? is satisfied.

Btw., it can be really annoying when somebody beats you with a shortcut, but as I remember at my comp this is the second (or first?) track, where such a big shortcut is, and we`re almost 1 year old. If I`ll have a constant 30+ pipsqueaks/month then I`ll have a closed and an open track every month, I promise.

Btw., it looks possible. The page has constant 100+ visitors/day, somedays even 150-160, OK, that`s mainly because of the downloadable games, but I guess some people who come here for the games try the competition too. (for a comparison: when the page had the first design 2001 03-07 it had approx. 10-30 visitors/day, Kalpen`s had approx. 30-50/day in 2001)

Zak

Argammon

I just have the impression everyone is panicked because their time is 20 or more seconds slower than the winning time.

Stunts is not about skill not close nor open tracks you have to live with it.

Even my 7 year old cousin isn't slower than 1-2 seconds on any of the competition tracks if I let him use replay handling 1000 times.

Actually replay handling is the most stupid thing in stunts...

Bonzai Joe

Actually it is a stupid thing. It'd be okay if you could do it once in the track, but now, apart from your skills at finding shortcuts, the results also depend on how much time you spend saving 50 replays and trying every little part over and over again.

juank 23

since i saw this great page i dont understand one thing , everyone talks always about getting faster times watching a lot of times the replay or something like that, how is it possible?????  

Argammon

Ok I will explain it on 3 examples

Driver A type YOU

Driver B type Roy

When  you try to get a good time you race a track a lot and once you think you have a good time you send it in and wonder why others are a lot faster even though no shortcuts were possible.

When Roy tries to get a good time he drives 10 seconds(example) checks which point at the track the car reached and drives again until he has the fastest time to the spot.Now he saves a replay and keeps driving 10 more seconds and saves the replay.If he is not satisfied he reloads the old about 10 sec old replay he saved before and drives again like 100 times until he got the best time possible (or nearly)

Now he saves again drives 10 secs again 100 times until...

You know it I think it's really boring and annoying.I know a lot do it and I only took Roy as an example but I don't know a way to prevent it.

zaqrack

Unfotunately there is no way to prevent it, because the replay doesn`t have a bit, that stores this state. If I could debug stunts I could implement that feature, but I can`t debug it, and nobody could. I`m thinking of a tsr which must be loaded before stunts, and that`d store this state in the replay. But it`s still necessary for this to know how stunts handles the rpl. files exactly, which looks impossible for me.

oh, bit too technical.  

Anyway, think on replay handling as a time-saving way.

Juank if you don`t really see how to make this, check out the Driving School, where Bernie tells the way.

There are two good ways: if nobody uses this (unpossible to control), and if everybody uses this.

Zak

ben snel

oyea! a shortcut-free competition! THAT WOULD BE MARVELOUS!!!

Anonymous

Hi pipsqueaks,

I see that a lot of you want a shortcut-free comp.

I just can say: Be patient, because on 1st March the International Stunts Association will start a competition with the slogan: "We want real stunts drivers and no cheaters!". A friend of mine is working on the site. It?s almost finished, but he has still some problems with the server. But you can take a look on it at www.isa-competition.cjb.net There you also have a Rules section. Check it out and send your comments to

isa-online@gmx.net

But I can?t tell you too much about the site, because it?s not official at the moment, but in the next days the ISA will start to advertise it and I hope that all your questions will be answered. Please wait