News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

no replays

Started by ZakKrack, March 06, 2002, 10:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Hi!

I`ve got no times since opening this month`s contest, except Bonzai`s. Don`t you like the track, or everybody`ll send his replay on the last day?   What`s up, guys??

Zak

Argammon

The track is cool,but:

Well last month was kinda the worst month ever:

No contest.

Even on January there was a real competition about the 1st place although last day decided the race.

And think about it this way Zak:

If I send in a time now and you don't receive my replay on the last day I will either have a crappy time OR a lot of trouble.

If I send no replays until the last day I will either have a good time or no time at all which is still better than a bad time.

Got the point?

I think the system should be worked over

FredMercy

I DID send in my replay! but I have getting better times so thats okay if you did not recieve it.

FredMerc

zaqrack

You have right in your points, BUT. The contest only depends on you. All I can do is frequent updating. But frequent updating is worth nothing without times. If everyone sends his replay on the last month, there is 0 contest.

This system is the best I could find out, because it`s VERY improtant go give at least a litttle chance for those, who didn`t start the contest in january.

I have some solutions:

1. Don`t take the competition deadly serious, and send in your fresh times always. Then the other send it too, and we have a nice competition. I`ve made this quiet day rule, so there is only about 1% possibility, that your final replay may get lost, if you send it on the last evening. This verison means no changes in the rules, but in your mind.

2. Same as up here, but we could have a new rule, that I`ll update all the scoreboard on the 3rd day of the new month, and then will I publish the winner`s replays too. 3 days should be enough for all mails to arrive in my mailbox. I`ll publish my phoe number on the site, and turn on my ICQ on these days, so you can make sure your replay arrives. ;-)

3. Every pipsqueak must send a replay every week at least. I find this stupid, but if you want it...

4. In the ranking system only the points count, the average ranking doesn`t, BUT in exchange a season lasts only 3 months. That solves all the problems too, but the awards will lost their values, and winning a season won`t worth so much too. It also eliminates the hope of weaker pipsqueaks to achieve at least a middle-class result when they race frequently.

This is a vote. Think about, and choose one. I`m voting for number two.

This topic will be closed, I make a topic called VOTE, go there and choose. You can vote in mail too, but I don`t guarantee they`ll arrive in time. :-D

I`m available in the chat room today from around 8pm...

Zak