News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Damn it I found the trick!

Started by Argammon, April 01, 2002, 09:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argammon

To late! to late!

I am 100% sure Bismarck used it but am not sure about Roy.

It does only work with the LM002 as far as I know ->it won't help me next month.

This is how I found it:

I drove the 1st part of the track like mad but never managed to go below 18.90 after trying about 50 times I realized it couldn't be driven faster...The average time I got was between 19.00 and 19.40

But then I got an idea and tried it out:

Best try after few minutes: 18.45 !!!

I couldn't believe it and drove on and at least kept the advantage I got over the remaining track without investing much time!

This is no joke and I guess I have to wait until next year to win the LM002 competition.The great improvement in my time has nothing to do with skills,it's the car    

Bonzai Joe

Must be something with the gears...

roywiegerinck

I think I didn't use it................

Bonzai Joe

But Bismarck used it?

There is also the graphics trick you know. But I never want to use it, since it is important for me to drive in beautiful surroundings  

DukeBismarck

First i can promise you, that i haven't heard of that trick before.

So i tested it and this is my result: I was not able to beat my first checkpoint time of 02625 at the first bridge with that trick ( by the way i was also not able to beat it without the trick), but it was easier to get closer to the time with the trick, but i wont use it, because in my opinion the car is not fine enough steerable and i can't drive as fast through the corners as without the trick.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

We don't know if we used the trick... That's beatiful... Is it really a trick?

Argammon, did I use it? I don't think...
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

zaqrack

I could tell you that the timer-routine is buggy from it`s roots in stunts, just as the collision-routine, this is how you can reach sometimes such times you can`t repeat, and that they seem more faster.

Proof? Get an XT or an AT and run Stunts on that machine (it`ll run on an XT with 1meg ram too). Try to achieve such times you get on your other comp. You won`t succeed.

There is only a very little difference from 486`s up to Pentium IV-s, but it`s bigger on slower computers.

So if there is such a BIG bug in the timer, then it`s sure there are some little ones too.

I`m not 100% sure about this, We`ve made such experiments 4 or 5 years ago with my friend, but we guessed that our theory is right.

Argammon

Ok,if you don't disallow it I will use it this month to check if it is really a trick or not.

In the meanwhile I will send a short replay out containing the beginning of the last track which is considerably faster than Bismarcks beginning.And he had the best......

Bonzai Joe

I just thought I'd tell you that I drove 18.80 the first time I turned simulation speed to slow, so there's no doubt that it does improve your time. But I think it's difficult to drive that way, so I don't think I'll use it. But maybe if you use replay handling very much, you can get a good replay out of it.....