News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Are we sending replays in? ( 1

Started by Bonzai Joe, April 27, 2002, 03:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonzai Joe

I think I'm gonna fetch my Hungarian - English dictionary... damn, I don't have any.

ben snel

CTG

Ben, you are a master of our language! Have you ever seen a "Baratok kozt" episode? You must see it! There are some beautiful actresses in this serial, like Konta Barbara (she was the 8th on the list of sexy womens in the Hungarian FHM).

zaqrack

for Bonzai:  Bar?tok K?zt = between friends.

btw. that`s a "daily updated"  ) serial on one of the Hungarian channels, and it`s reaaaallly stupid.  

I can send you an english-hungarian dictionary if you are so intrested in it.  ) One of the most difficult lanuages in the world. Ok maybe French and Japanese is much more difficult.  

No passive voice, stupid verb declination, 44 letters in the ABC, like "cs" (tsae) and "?" (uue) and "dz" (i don't know how foreigner pronounce this.  ) and "gy" (impossible...)  )

a "clever" linguist said once that the most beautiful Hungarian word is:  cip?f?z? (it means shoelace.   No comment.  

Ok, goodnight.  

ben snel

pas du tout mes chers amis! Moi je ne parle pas la langue du Hongare, je connais cettes trois mots seulement, du journal que j'ai lu.  

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Yes, still about Argammon. If it's boring, don't read it. But:

- In March I had taken the lead on the 24th day, and I lost it on 1st April. Is it 2 or 3 days? Check the date of my best replay! I sent it to you earlier. OK, I sent the 1:30,95 on the 29th day, but I was the leader at that point, too. Other guys? Nobody wanted to send his best replay or nobody wanted to play until the last day, because you hadn't sent your best replay. There were comments like this: 'Argammon, why don't you send your replay?' Do you remember? But as a newcomer I didn't know it in March.

- I called you famous because you had classified drivers. You mentioned top drivers, and I wasn't among these drivers, although I was the leader (you mentioned only you had good replay from the top drivers). If we see top drivers very strictly, only Roy and maybe Bonzai Joe are top drivers. But Bismarck was very fair when he mentioned top 8. Everybody is a very good driver here. So famous was a little bit ironic.

- This time I'm the leader again. (There's no month without my lead.) What can I do? I don't have big motivation... Send your replays!

- I hate @#%$ like Baratok kozt... I think Hungarian language is the most difficult language after Japanese and Chinese. I'm proud of speaking this language!
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

Bonzai Joe

Francais est un langue tres difficile   J'ecrie francais, mais je ne parle jamais francais. Je connais beaucoup de mots Hongare (or something like that  ) parce que mon telephone mobile est en Hongaroise (or whatever  )

zaqrack

French people can do two things good: making cars & love.

:-D

and some of their food is fantastic, but the other side... snakes, yecccch.  

just popped in something, Akoss wrote about commentary in NHL. I just imagined commentary in Stunts. Fatal Racing has it, but it`s not that good.

Zak

Bonzai Joe

Chinese is probably the easiest spoken language in the world, but the most difficult written language.

And I have not started driving this track. In the beginning of the month I was busy and/or away, and now I am writing the review. I will start trying after that.

CTG

Yesterday, when I saw the latest results of the competition I decided not to continue the race. Why? I don't think I will ever drive so fast like the real great drivers.    I met this game 8 years ago and I know almost everything about it, but I'm not enough talented to be a successful driver.  The track of May showed me how slow I am ( I cannot go better, than 1:40). Perharps I'll continue next month.

DukeBismarck

Don't be depressed.

When I've started last year I also thought, that i am the "best" ever seen stunts driver of the galaxy. But then a, let's call him Roy W. or better R.Wiegerinck, showed me my borders. But thanks to the possibility to view the three winning replays every month i learned the tricks, without them you can not win here, so just watch the winning replays. Just click have to click at the 2001 or 2002-scores section and then on the picture of the track under the list. Then you can download the track of that month and the 3 top winning times. I think then your time may improve by 3 ... ??? seconds.

I see stunts more as an adventure, you have to find the right way to drive, because in my opinion there was still no track, were you could drive just on the track to win the month. There are already several ways.

By the way I've given up the idea of winning all the races, because it's not impossible, but very arduous. So my target is to be under the top3, so everybody could view my replays. And naturally to win the overall-year-competition, but it will be hard.

Don't give up, just learn and fight.

Bonzai Joe

When I first came to www.kalpen.de I thought, like Bismarck, that I was the best ever in the whole galaxy   But then I came in 6th, 5th and 7th in the first three months. I downloaded the winning replay every time, and I've kept watching replays from all the great drivers, and now, 15 months later, I've won my first monthly. I am also working on a compilation of all the competition winning replays ever. I have 23 so far. Zak, I need replays from ZCT1-6, ISA, I need the winning replay from Toronto, Charles, I need all your winning replays, and Roy, I need yours from WATER2 (CAP 1.04.50) and from others that I might not have, but I think I have the rest.

CTG

I can't get better. I play this game for 8 years (I think I have already mentioned that) and I couldn't learn how to use manual transmission.   As far as I know it means 4-5 secs on every tracks. That's why I'm so slow.

Bonzai Joe

Manual transmission = replay handling. If you don't use that, it is very hard to use manual transmission. I met the game in 1993 also, improved very little during the period 1993-2000, and then improved greatly in 2001-2002.

CTG

Can you tell me how much difference is between auto and manual on this track? Because I could go better than days ago. Yesterday night I had a dream about playing this game. I saw what are my mistakes. Today I missed the Organic Chemistry to try what I saw. And my dream was enough to go faster (about 2 secs better).   But this is the maximum, I cannot drive a better one (unless I learn how to use manual). I ask all of you to go only one lap with automatic gear-lever, and please tell me the results. Thanks!