News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Pointsystem 2003

Started by ZakKrack, May 28, 2002, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Ok, so here`s the first draft of the new ranking system:

Please post here what do you think about it.

Two main leagues: professional and beginner

Beginners:

Not much difference from the system we use now. They get points for each race driven,

and only 1 point difference between the points got for ranks, I guess the first ten get points.

Pros:

-They get no points for the races, only for their performance.

-This  results: they can leave out 2 rounds each year so only the 10 (or something like that) best result counts.

-Bigger difference in the points got for results. We`ll use CART`s point system: 20,16,14,12,10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1

League change:

- In january (or at joining) everyone can choose between the leagues. There`s no way to modify this decision.

- There`s no way from pro back to beginner. If you`re there you`ll be there for the whole season.

- Every month the winner of the beginner has the opporunity to promote to the pro league.

- When somebody transfers to the pro he gets some points after the points he earned in beginner. The rule is easy: I check out each passed month, and see

which position in the pro could he have with his TIME made in the beginner, and he gets those points.

This only starts if we`ll have about 16-20 human pipsqueaks constantly.

Zak

Bonzai Joe

Why would anyone choose to be in the beginner league? The awards are in the Pro league  

zaqrack

Oh, I forgot to mention that there`d be awards in the beginner league too, but of course respect comes with the pro.  

Alan Rotoi

It's a good idea make two cathegorys. I Think if you want to incentivate "the beginners driver" (all who be in the beginner category) maybe the 1st & 2nd place has oportunity to promote to the pro league, not only the winner. And the same with the two last places in the pro league. The two last promote to begs. It makes this more interesting and gives more oportunitys to the really beginners to be in the pro league at least once month.  

I think that this would help to maintain the greater amount of runners than it is possible.

And about the points.... I don't understand a thing: If I'm in the pro league and I promote to the beginners... what happens with the sum of points month by month? If After a month I win the begs comp. and I promote to pro again... what happens with the points?

Just some suggestions and questions...      Alan Rotoi

Mingva

Hi. I want also announce my opinion. If we'll use CART point system (20,16,14,12,10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1) then I think that better choice is one league (call it ProLeague). For now there are about 20 human pipsqueaks and points will get 12 pipsqueaks. So, only a few pipsqueaks will be without points (outsiders).

But I think that here can be organized month's Promotion Cup. In this cup will compete Broderbunds and new pipsqueaks (rookies). If latter can improve their skills,  overcome Broderbunds and will announce a desire to compete in ProLeague, next month they'll join to it. If new pipsqueak will be to slowly then he will stay in Promotion Cup for another month. The tracks in the Promotion Cup would be easier.

And when to Stunts competition will join 25-30 regular members then we'll can separate ProLeague.

That's it