News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Closed track

Started by roywiegerinck, January 21, 2002, 02:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roywiegerinck

Why not a closed track, where no shortcuts are possible.

There are a lot good drivers here so :

Not much differences between the times.

This'll be fun.

It'll be just like in September.

(maybe an Idea for March??)

greetz,

Roy

DukeBismarck

Absolutely correct!!!

Less Shortcuts and HighSpeedParts, but more 359?-Curves.

I hate to drive faster than the light, because I loose the control of my mind and WWHHHOOOAAAAM I am in the target with an incredible Time, but I hav?nt seen much of the nice landscape and couldn?t stop at Joe?s and have a nice drink.

Slow Cars RULES.  

zaqrack

We`ll have all sort of tracks, I like shortcut and no-shortcut tracks either. This month there was a big shortcut, so don`t expect it on the next track.    I don`t know what sort of track will be in march, it depends on the next month, but in april we`ll celebrate the 1st of April.  

Of course, I just design the track, but you drive it, and there was no month, when somebody didn`t find a smaller-bigger shortcut, that I didn`t see.

I`ve spent another 3 hours to balance the track of February, now it`s getting even better, at least I think.  

roywiegerinck

I'm looking forward to February  

Argammon

Ok my opinion:

I HATE 'closed tracks' and I have good reasons:

1)I DO find the best shortcuts and the oppostition doesn't no wonder you don't want them!

2)'Closed tracks depend more on time used on replay handling than real skill,I don't have 2 hours a day to drive stunts that 2 hours must be enough in a month!

I like Cars with power gear   No matter if they are usually slow or not :X

Bonzai Joe

First of all, I completely agree that closed tracks are best. I like tracks that include a lot of driving, they don't have to be hard, but I don't like tracks with too much high-speed and short cuts. Short-cut finding doesn't have anything to do with driving. And yes, I always sucked at finding them. Anyway, it is VERY hard to make a closed track. Just look at Roy's Water2 track. There is water all over and it looks completely impossible, but still CAP found some insane trick (and so did I actually, but it wasn't good enough  

But good luck on making one, Zak

roywiegerinck

Well, that's 3 against one than.

Argammon

Might be because you have more time than I have :-)

roywiegerinck

More time than you ?

I only have time to write on this forum a bit and drive a little.

busy busy busy

juank 23

thats one of the words that a good pilot admire, a real competition , fighting with real times, second by second .

uhuuuuuuuu...........

roywiegerinck

That's another one  

4-1

zaqrack

Altough I never find shortcuts I vote for them.  

I`m not talking about shortcuts where you cut down a lot (like in this track), I`d never use them, this one is a design error too.  , I`m talking about small shortcuts, where you can get 1-3 seconds. I also don`t like cutting curves, but without little shortcut-jumps the competiton would be less intresting.  

And many of us don`t have enough time to drive a hard combination a hundred times with replay handling, and not all of us is a such a stunts-maniac to spend 2 hours a weekend to drive the track again and again.

You may understand that now my objective is to attract as many pipsqueaks as I can, and when we have enough, I`ll make different competitions.

I`d rather make a no-replay handling competition (for example Ravager and Trx never used it), but I fear there`d be surely some cheaters.  

To make you happy: When the default tracks`ll be up, as constant competitions, I`ll make a closed version from every of them. Also there`ll be the tracks I made when I was 13-15 years old, just for time-millionaires, there are 7-8 minute long masterpieces too.

I`m not sure when I`ll put up these. Maybe tomorrow, maybe only in february. Depends on freetime.

Zak

Argammon

I think this discussion is not real:

1) As Zak pointed out only VERY few tracks in his competitions do allow real shortcuts

2)Noone would have complained about this track if I hadn't driven it.I bet Roy would be proud about his winning time about 1.18.65 and everyone would be happy now they are angry that they don't find the trick.

3)90% of all Kalpen tracks where about replay handling and I did not hear anyone complaining about it.

Which means get real,only water tracks are just boring and tracks like this month track are very uncommon in Zaks competition and noone would even have realized it w/o me.

roywiegerinck

Alright , you convinced me  

Looking forward to the 7-8 minute track  

Bonzai Joe

I wouldn't call this complaining. You found the short-cut, which means you get the fastest time. If there is a short-cut, as is the case this month, of course one should use it, and if I (very unlikely) had found it, I would surely have used it, and said the same things as you say. I just think that tracks shouldn't have short-cuts like this one, and also I agree that very few of these tracks have it.

Replay handling IS silly. I didn't use it in the first three months of 2001 in the Kalpen competition. Because I didn't know about it. If I had used it, I would have won in February with 37.35, and I would have had far better times in January and March. As you probably noticed also, my times improved greatly since then. (but so did all the others, so they're still better  )

Anyway, happy racing!

Bonzai Joe