News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts & Music

Started by ZakKrack, May 05, 2002, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

I get better times with 1-2 seconds, when I play stunts while hearing some music. It`s a great luck, that stunts runs fine with winamp.   For example in the latest times I`m listening to:

Moby

Muppet Show soundtracks.  

Depeche Mode

Pink Floyd

M?sf?l (hun)

Ghymes (hun)

Rachid Taha (GREAT! for driving)

to be honest, I can`t concentrate on anything, if there isn't something music (or at least noise.   in the background. Strange, but true.  

Zak

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I cannot drive when music is played. I can only drive with the beautiful effects of my PC speaker. (My Sound Blaster Card doesn't works perfectly, when I drive, sometimes the sound of my motor disappears, and there's mute. That's since I've got a 3D SB Card.) Music is disturbing under Stunts. And for some reason I cannot load my replays when I'm playing under Windows 98. So I play in MS DOS mode.

But when I'm playing FIFA 2002, Transport Tycoon Deluxe, NFS 5 Porsche, it's great to listen to Iron Maiden, Metallica, Hammerfall or Sentenced (and maybe Hungarian punk). (NHL 2001: no music, the commentary is excellent.)
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km

Bonzai Joe

Woohoo! Depeche Mode Depeche Mode Depeche Mode! You've really found something there Zak, excellent choice!

I often listen to music while I drive, because I love the music I listen to so much that it is very hard for me not to   However, it seems I get better times when I don't listen to music. For an example, I drove 1.11.35 at Bombay and 1.02.25 at ZCT13 without music.

Akoss Poo: I really understand why you don't listen to music while driving, considering the music you would listen to  :-P

Don't you fall asleep when you (Bonzai, Zak) listen to Moby, Depeche Mode and Pink Floyd? I always get sleepy...

Only the heavy metal!!!

917.47 km

Anonymous

THE CURE

and maybe some other bands like Oasis, Manic Street Preachers, New Order...

Alan Rotoi

I agree, heavy metal is the kind of music that we need to hear while we play Stunts. Something like Helloween, Gamma Ray, Kreyson or Running Wild is fine...

CTG

I don't know how can you drive listening to music. As for me it's better to hear the sound of the engine. If I don't hear it in a corner I find myself on the grass  

Alan Rotoi

The sound of the engine is very important, but I "charge my batterys" with power metal at the same time! I guide with the sound more than the RPM. And I drive with the F3 view just staight back the car. I'm accustomed because I play Daytona USA with this view. If you allow me to say something, I participate in 7 Championships of Daytona USA and I win 5 (pentomic champion?), Second and 3rd in the others. Sorry, I love that game! =)

Really I miss my Hercules Monitor B/W and AT-286 with PC Speaker sound. The stunts feels better with that condition.

CTG: without sound I'll finish under the water in the Zak's tracks! Edited by: Alan Rotoi at: 5/13/02 4:08:08 pm

Mingva

I like to play Stunts while music is playing    I allways  listening Psychedelic Techno & Goa Trance. I love these sounds  

- - - - - - - - - -

www.microdots.org - Sounds that can be seen, and colors...heard.

al il professore

Finally, i decided to play stunts with the only worth music, the engine sound of indy car with pc speaker sound. WHAT A MUSIC! I can hear the motor roaring in the air while shifting gears, like a human bomb cast through the skies, and some walkyries flying by.

But when i play stunts, i truly just love ACDC, RATM, FM, BJORK, RENAUD (not RENAULT, the car brand, but Renaud, the left sided singer)

Also Any given sunday , reservoir dogs OST...

That's all folks! Don't forget to go, even under the rain, listening to some concerts. Life gets wonderful on this occasions.

P.S. RATM AKA rage against the machine, favorite band, and FM AKA Freddie Mercury, favorite singer.

and P.P.S. I am not a gay because my favorite voice is freddies' , i am not a gay at all. ^.^

It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Bonzai Joe

I like Morrissey, Marc Almond, Pet Shop Boys, Erasure, Holly Johnson, Jimmy Sommerville, Freddie Mercury. I'm not gay. I'm a bit gayish, but I'm not gay.

Cheers

CTG

Hi guys! Do you know why is it impossible to use

SoundBlaster in Stunts, if I have Windows 2000? Because I can play only with the old PC speaker... : -->:">  

zaqrack

because w2k uses an emulated dos windows instead of the native dos mode.

Solutions:

1. use the speaker

2. download VDMSound, ant then run stunts_k.exe with a right click - run with vdms, then you'll get emulated sb support, which is cool, if you have a good comp.

Zak

Krys TOFF

It's possible to hear motor sound with something else than PC speaker   ?????

Where in Hell can i find this VDMSound ?  

As for music, well, i agree with Alan   : Heavy metal is good to raise adrenalin, i especially like Nu metal (Linkin Park, Clawfinger, Body count, Korn, RATM and so on...).

I hate nu metal, the worst genre I've ever heard. @#%$! Many people like that @#%$. I don't.

Since my last post I got Helloween and Gamma Ray, and they are great (especially Helloween).

917.47 km