News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Le Stunts, nothing for cowards

Started by Anonymous, July 08, 2002, 10:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on October 13, 2012, 01:55:42 PM
And when exactly are we doing this?

Considering that GMT evening is just a few hours away, that dreadnaut said he could do Sunday only, and that we haven't heard back from Rotoi yet (e.g., confirming which day would be best for him), tomorrow might be best if that is not a problem for you or Chulk or his football game. If you can't race tomorrow / decide to race today, though, I am fully able to join you at any time past 18:00 GMT.

Start time: I propose 19:00 GMT.

Rules: I think teams would be fun. The obvious way to set up the pairs would be according to usual fault lines (BJ/Duplode v. Alan/Chulk v. CTG/dreadnaut if everyone joins; BJ/Duplode v. Chulk/CTG in the worst case). Or, if you find that too predictable, we might go to the other extreme and randomize the pairings. I am indifferent about the number of exchanges as long as the relay is balanced.

Duplode

Quote from: Duplode on October 13, 2012, 04:43:56 PM
If you can't race tomorrow / decide to race today, though, I am fully able to join you at any time past 18:00 GMT.

I'm sorry - I won't be able to race today, and I can't be 100% sure about tomorrow any more (unexpected family issues - sick grandma).

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on October 13, 2012, 06:51:52 PM
I'm sorry - I won't be able to race today, and I can't be 100% sure about tomorrow any more (unexpected family issues - sick grandma).

I wish her getting better!

Without Duplode I vote for an individual race. Or simply postpone it.

dreadnaut

Quote from: CTG on October 13, 2012, 08:03:24 PM
I wish her getting better!

Same here!

QuoteWithout Duplode I vote for an individual race. Or simply postpone it.
If we are only 4-5 left, then I would agree on the individual race, and team-Le Stunts next time!

Chulk

First things first: Good vibrations being sent to grandma's health, Dup!

Now, I could race today now or tomorrow around the same time. And I think it would be better to do a solo function today and teams next time everydoby can join.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Duplode

Thank you all for the positive energy!

I can't fully commit to taking part of the race tomorrow, as we might have to leave on short notice again, though if that doesn't happen I would like to join (only if it is a solo race, of course, as it is nonsense to leave a team mate waiting for an eleventh hour confirmation). In any case, even without me there are 4-5 motivated pipsqueaks, so please do not cancel the race just because of my (likely) absence.

Quote from: Chulk on October 13, 2012, 09:47:35 PM
Now, I could race today now or tomorrow around the same time.

"Around the same time" = 20:00 GMT (17:00 Argentina, 21:00 Scotland, 22:00 Hungary/Denmark).

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on October 14, 2012, 07:29:09 AM
"Around the same time" = 20:00 GMT (17:00 Argentina, 21:00 Scotland, 22:00 Hungary/Denmark).

22:00... hmmmm... not 100%, but I'll try.

dreadnaut

Quote from: CTG on October 14, 2012, 02:41:06 PM22:00... hmmmm... not 100%, but I'll try.

To summarize —and to be sure I understood:

• a couple of minutes before 22:00 gmt+1 (italy/hungary/denmark), BJ will post an updated version of the track
  • at 22:00 sharp, we start driving with a Porsche 962
  • we drive for up to 8 minutes in game, or 12 minutes IRL
  • we upload the replay here

Duplode

Quote from: dreadnaut on October 14, 2012, 03:04:46 PM
Quote from: CTG on October 14, 2012, 02:41:06 PM22:00... hmmmm... not 100%, but I'll try.

To summarize —and to be sure I understood:

• a couple of minutes before 22:00 gmt+1 (italy/hungary/denmark), BJ will post an updated version of the track
  • at 22:00 sharp, we start driving with a Porsche 962
  • we drive for up to 8 minutes in game, or 12 minutes IRL
  • we upload the replay here

Three hours from now... (I am still around, BTW).

I need a good stopwatch / countdown timer...

dreadnaut

Which rules are we using, by the way? Jumping from that loop is too satisfying to be OWOT-thingy.

Duplode

Quote from: dreadnaut on October 14, 2012, 07:14:39 PM
Which rules are we using, by the way? Jumping from that loop is too satisfying to be OWOT-thingy.

Yep, free rules - whatever we can do in 12 minutes.

BonzaiJoe

Okay, can we meet in a chat room or something? Is there a forum chat? Or the old #stunts channel on IRC EFNet?
But we can't be quite sure.

dreadnaut

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on October 14, 2012, 07:29:31 PM
Okay, can we meet in a chat room or something? Is there a forum chat? Or the old #stunts channel on IRC EFNet?

web-irc page here: http://chat.efnet.org

Duplode

There is the forum chat (http://forum.stunts.hu/chat/index.php), but #stunts is nicer if everyone can login without trouble.