News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Le Stunts, nothing for cowards

Started by Anonymous, July 08, 2002, 10:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

I sense the best time for the start would be between 18:00 and 21:00 GMT (15:00 - 18:00 BRA/ARG; 20:00 - 23:00 EU). As for the day, I have a slight preference for Saturday, but Sunday would be fine as well.

No one else is joining, though - not even other MeganiuM pipsqueaks? I guess I will leave a note at ZakStunts about this event.

dreadnaut

I could do Sunday, and I am on GMT+1 right now - any time in the evening should be fine.

I am not sure how you would keep the download counter under control though: someone could just visit the page and click some of the download links, increasing counters.

(edit: btw, the note worked, thanks!)

alanrotoi

Yeah I like it!

Just a couple of things: The upload/download part should be a dead time or it should be forgotten. I mean, it's like bj said, this will determinate the winner.

CTG

Quote from: alanrotoi on October 11, 2012, 05:47:31 PM
Just a couple of things: The upload/download part should be a dead time or it should be forgotten. I mean, it's like bj said, this will determinate the winner.

So you both want to have an individual race? I'm okay with that.

CTG

Chulk

I prefer Saturday afternoon as maybe I'll play football on Sunday
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on October 11, 2012, 05:47:31 PM

By "dead time" do you mean that it should not count for the final result? If so, I believe that wouldn't happen under CTG's rules. The only way uploads and downloads could affect the result is if someone happens to have connection trouble during the race.

(I wouldn't mind individual race if you guys really want it, but it surely would be less cool...)

Quote from: CTG on October 11, 2012, 11:38:34 PM
Another question: which car?

An IMSA would be best IMO.

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on October 12, 2012, 02:43:06 AM
I really don't like IMSA cars that much, but those are probably the best for this competition

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on October 12, 2012, 07:34:30 AM
Quote from: Duplode on October 12, 2012, 02:43:06 AM
I really don't like IMSA cars that much, but those are probably the best for this competition

Or Speedgate, if you like it more.

CTG

I have a track for it that will be published in the evening (quite an easy one), so you can learn it. And few minutes before the race I'll ask Bonzai Joe to change at least one design element to avoid cheating. What's your opinion?

BonzaiJoe

Sure. If we're playing in the (Central European) evening, Saturday is better for me than Sunday. Weird, I know  :-X
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Here comes the track!  ;) (BJ: please change some elements before the start)

Chulk

Only a few things left to organize:
- Teams
- Forum topic to upload .rpl files
- Format (laps per driver and such)

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on October 13, 2012, 06:16:23 AM
Only a few things left to organize:
- Teams
- Forum topic to upload .rpl files
- Format (laps per driver and such)

Teams: it seems some of us prefer an individual endurance race instead of teams. As a main question, it has to be discussed first.

Replay upload: if we choose the team option, replays can be uploaded even in this topic.

Format: depending on the team / individual selection. Individual race can be shorter, like 12 minutes for completing 8 minutes pure racing. Team option: 15 minutes and 1 or 3 replay exchange(s) would be optimal. If we use an IMSA car on this track, one lap is about 45 seconds (maybe less for you guys :D).

BonzaiJoe

And when exactly are we doing this?
But we can't be quite sure.