News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Le Stunts, nothing for cowards

Started by Anonymous, July 08, 2002, 10:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: Friker on October 17, 2012, 10:17:41 AM
So if I understood corectly. We are racing 12 (??) minutes from a release of a track. Then, we send replay. Laps driven until 8:00 are counted (we are driving through pit line, not the finish line). Next race is at Saturday. (?) Pick something slower than Jaguar for this week, pls. ;)

- Tre track is published earlier (one day), you can practice on it. Somebody - BJ or Zak -  will modify a few tiles right before the start to avoid cheating.
- You have 12 minutes to complete a 8 minute long replay (minimal RH, mainly to save partial replays and correct "fatal" accidents or extreme speed loss by leaving the road).
- As for me, fast cars with easy handling should be preferred for such a race (IMSA, Melange, Speedgate, Indy). Or you need a really fast track to use Lancia or Audi. But I'm okay with (almost) all the cars.

Quote from: Duplode on October 16, 2012, 06:03:10 AM
We might disable the "somebody else posted" warnings in our accounts (Profile >> Modify Profile >> Look and Layout)

Strange, but true: this option seemed to be unavailable for me, because Internet Explorer could never load that page (how can this happen in 2012 ??? :o). I tried it at the office (IE, same version, but Windows 7) and it worked without a problem. Since that I checked it again at home with Firefox and Google Chrome - both worked. To cut the long story short: no more warnings (finally).

Quote from: Duplode on October 16, 2012, 06:03:10 AM
Quote from: CTG on October 15, 2012, 08:11:54 AM
I think we should modify the rules to avoid such DNFs. What about 1 minute tolerance limit, with +0.5 seconds penalty time after every late seconds? That would mean +11.0 for me (so it's not worth to extend the gameplay).

Not a bad idea. I would make it harsher, though (e.g. reset the penalty time and subtract a whole lap every 20s).

Sounds like a bit too strict solution. What about a golden mean: 1 second penalty (instead of 0.5) after every late seconds?

CTG

Zak: could you open a new separate subforum (or child board) for these live races? Thanks in advance!

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on October 17, 2012, 10:54:19 AM
Internet Explorer could never load that page (how can this happen in 2012 ??? :o).
Well, it is IE...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

zaqrack

how can you still use IE in 2012?  ::)

Duplode

Chulk

Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on October 19, 2012, 03:29:52 AM
how can you still use IE in 2012?  ::)

Home: because I'm lazy (using Google Chrome for Google Maps based flightradar24)
Work: because we don't have admin rights to install any other browsers

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on October 19, 2012, 11:42:13 PM
Work: because we don't have admin rights to install any other browsers

If that annoys you, PortableApps Firefox can be handy (I used it for similar purposes in the past).

CTG

Back to the topic: next race? (I know, there's a new topic for that.)

dreadnaut

Hey, I'm fairly busy this week-end, but if there's a race tomorrow and I'm around at the right time, I'm in!

Maybe we should have a [bi-/tri-]weekly thread in the new subforum?

CTG

Quote from: dreadnaut on October 20, 2012, 12:24:15 PM
Hey, I'm fairly busy this week-end, but if there's a race tomorrow and I'm around at the right time, I'm in!

Maybe we should have a [bi-/tri-]weekly thread in the new subforum?

See you there! :)

Krys TOFF

If I remember it well, I had a track prepared for a Le Stunts event and I registered lestunts.free.fr for the homepage, all of it as a sequel to PershingII proposal. We discussed it in Orion team with Alain and Mingva, but it never went further than that...

Goal was teams of 3 drivers, 8 laps per driver, sum of all 3 drivers times to define the winning team. Idea was to imagine there is a driver change like at Le Mans serie. 24 laps instead of 24 hours.

Standard replay save (ie start/finish line outside main track road), different track and car for each driver (one element in the pitlane changed, like tunnel added for example, nothing that could change laptime). At this time, my idea was to use P962, Jag and Melange (this one the only custom car appart Zapper's ones at this date), but now it could be done with Speedgate, P962 and Jag.

I hope the track was not lost during my last computer crash, I'll check tonight if I can find it back.