News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

no replay handling

Started by juank 23, March 12, 2002, 02:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruepel

I'm sorry to say that I agree with Bonzai Joe.  

12XU

Argammon

I don't like replay handling either and think FredMercs idea is the  best and most likely so far.

Making the menuitem dissapear isn't the problem but how do you want to make sure someone used the 'enhanced version' ?

As for trust:

I would like to trust everyone but those ppl who say replay handling only improves your time ' a little' are doubtfull.

IMO you lose about 10 seconds on a hard 1.30 min track which is pretty much.(December contest last year is a good example)

Even on the 'chicken way' I DO lose about 4 seconds if I don't use replay handling.

Edited by: Argammon at: 3/16/02 10:24:19 pm

al il professore

i think noone thought about the webcamed no replay handling competition? someone is the referee and watches someone playing thru ewrama or another webcam software. no replay handling no more :)

perhaps more than ten of us got a webcam? if not, its not possible.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Mingva

I could buy webcam, it's not expensive :) But I don't know how it will work with my current 64/128kbps internet connection :?

al il professore

well, my current internet connection is also 64/128 and it runs. but the connexion speed is not a 'real' problem with webcam.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Mingva

Quotebut the connexion speed is not a 'real' problem with webcam.
And what's the real problem? And maybe you could recommend which webcam to buy?

al il professore

there are lots of webcams that you can use as a pocket photo camera. those are the good choice. the connection speed can be a problem for surgery in strasbourg for a physician sitting in new york who needs high speed connexion. we are not over payed physicians with silly ideas...

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

An intelligent message:

pArAnO is a potato.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

DieselJoe

"Why can't we not be sober?"
Tool

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Because he only raced IRC, and he was one of the best drivers without replay handling.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km