News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Weird thing about SUM

Started by Mingva, November 10, 2002, 12:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mingva

I just opened Season Results. And what I saw? I saw very bad things concerning overall rankings. Someone speaks about beginners rights, that SUM is ql thing for beginners. But it's NONSENSE!!! Let's see season rankings: top15 almost good with SUM and with points. Only Usrin is above Akoss, and Zak above Argammon & PershingII because they raced on more tracks (it's a minus for SUM). And then after 16th position goes pipsqueaks who wasn't very active this year, or beginners.

In positions 16-21 are Broderbunders with 0 points (except Skid) and 5 races. And what a shame: Juank, Eddie and LQR have points, but due to less races, they are behind computer opponents!!! The worse thing is with Bolo (28th): he raced well on Z18, gained 2 points, but above him are 10 pipsqueaks with 0 or 1 point!!! Is it FAIR???

So, I cann't imagine why Zak wants to apply the SUM in the next year for amateurs or B track competition. Another disadvantage - not all pipsqueaks can understand SUM (e.g., Alan Rotoi).

BonzaiJoe

Look at it a different way... The only pipsqueaks who are treated unfairly by this SUM system (apart from those who race a lot of course) are those who have only driven one or two races. Because the first race doesn't give an extra point. But those pipsqueaks are not very likely to care about the overall rankings at all. If they did, then they would surely race more. You must also remember that the season is not over yet, and as far as I can see, Bolo and LQR will both be in top 15 if they drive the last two months.
But we can't be quite sure.

Mingva

But without SUM they already would be on top15. That's the deal :!: The SUM likes those who plays often.

CTG

And I think Mingva le van fingva! ;D

CTG

zaqrack

Quote from: Mingva on November 10, 2002, 12:02:18 PM
So, I cann't imagine why Zak wants to apply the SUM in the next year for amateurs or B track competition. Another disadvantage - not all pipsqueaks can understand SUM (e.g., Alan Rotoi).

That was an evil e.g. comment  :D

(I saw Bonzai Joe lurking here so I had to check this topic. Fun :)

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on December 29, 2008, 01:04:38 AM
Quote from: Mingva on November 10, 2002, 12:02:18 PM
Another disadvantage - not all pipsqueaks can understand SUM (e.g., Alan Rotoi).

That was an evil e.g. comment  :D

"Poor Mingva, nobody likes him." (typical sentence from stunts chat stats, 2003 ;D)