News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

About the rules

Started by Mingva, November 10, 2002, 01:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mingva

Let's comment here the rules which will be in Amateur League. Of course, I hope not to be there, but sometime I was beginner too, and now I want to protect their rights as well.

Ranking is partly based on the pipsqueaks average ranking and partly on the race number they took part in. This means that you can have great results, if you join in the middle of the year.

Bullshit!!! Better see Season Results: Eddie, LQR and Bolo joined after the middle of the year, gained some points, BUT THEY ARE BEHIND OTHERS WHO HAS 0 (zero) POINTS, because of "ranking based on the race number". It means - more races, better positions.

so when you change your league, ALL THE PREVIOUS SCOREBOARDS CHANGE.

Isn't it so complicated? What will be if Zak or someone else will make a mistake in the php code? How pipsqueaks will know, is they really have X points?

How can I precalculate my results with this system? This is the best in it. You can`t perfectly predict the future.

What the skid?! If pipsqueak cann't know exactly his result, is very easy to decieve him!!! Maybe Zak won't do that, but I know that Zak likes to do mistakes.

I`ll count a final year?s scoreboard for the pro, where everyone is present, who played at least 1 month in the pro. The top 10 forms the final pro?s table, anyone else is present at the amateur?s final table.

But then can be such situation: pipsqueak who allways was on low positions in pro, but not relegated to amateurs, can win Amateur league, because he is 11th in final table.

BonzaiJoe

About the SUM rules: Here's what they are:

At the Season`s Rankings it`s the following:
I add together your points, and divide it with the number of races done. That`s a number between 0 and 10, the first part. The other part is: No bonus for your first entry, 1 point bonus from the 2. to the 8. entry, and 0.5 points bonus for the following 4 races, if you enter of course. These two parts together make the sum, and if 2 pipsqueaks have equal sum, then the average ranking decides. That`s all.

So you see, Bolo and the others are behind because they have driven very few pipsqueaks, if only they race a little bit more, they will get more points. But of course this point system is very weird and should be gotten rid of ASAP.
But we can't be quite sure.

Mingva

QuoteSo you see, Bolo and the others are behind because they have driven very few pipsqueaks
But the main goal of Amateur League - better chances to to be in top for competition beginners. So, mut be reverse effect.

BonzaiJoe

But this will be achieved. Let's make a comparision

Newbie Beginnerson races three tracks, and finishes 4th, 6th and 7th in amateur league. With the points system, he now has 5+3+2 = 10 points, but Oldie Stillamateurson, who has raced much more has 5+3+2+2+4+2+8+3 points, so Newbie is without a chance.

With the SUM system, newbie now has an average ranking of 5.5, and since the rule with the compensation points will probably be changed next year, Oldie Stillamateurson will have an average ranking of about 5.5 also, so it's about the same. Of course some rules should be made so you cannot just race one race and then have an avg. ranking of 1...

Mingva

Yes, if will be based on points and average ranking, not additional points for race number.

zaqrack

Quote from: "Mingva"Yes, if will be based on points and average ranking, not additional points for race number.

well then it'll be based on this...

Zak

zaqrack

Quote from: "Mingva"Let's comment here the rules which will be in Amateur League. Of course, I hope not to be there, but sometime I was beginner too, and now I want to protect their rights as well.

Ranking is partly based on the pipsqueaks average ranking and partly on the race number they took part in. This means that you can have great results, if you join in the middle of the year.

Bullshit!!! Better see Season Results: Eddie, LQR and Bolo joined after the middle of the year, gained some points, BUT THEY ARE BEHIND OTHERS WHO HAS 0 (zero) POINTS, because of "ranking based on the race number". It means - more races, better positions.

The rules will be reviewed and corrected, pls. write your suggestions.
But don't forget that this weird situation is mainly because of the computer drivers, but they won't race next year.

And don't forget, if we rely too much on average ranking, then there's an even worse situation: sy wins one tracks, and wins the season. And definitely it won't be worth to send in weak times, which is not a healthy thing.
I rather see some pipsqueaks with 0 points before people with points, than see no replays at all, because pipsqueaks send only good times in, and not the weaks.

so when you change your league, ALL THE PREVIOUS SCOREBOARDS CHANGE.

Isn't it so complicated? What will be if Zak or someone else will make a mistake in the php code? How pipsqueaks will know, is they really have X points?
all the scoreboards change, but not the times. So you check out the archive, and check out a track's scores. It won't change, as the pro+amateur combined scoreboards won't change either, only separate pro & amateur scoreboards change.
It's strange, I agree, but I guess you'll like it after a while.
I`ll count a final year?s scoreboard for the pro, where everyone is present, who played at least 1 month in the pro. The top 10 forms the final pro?s table, anyone else is present at the amateur?s final table.

But then can be such situation: pipsqueak who allways was on low positions in pro, but not relegated to amateurs, can win Amateur league, because he is 11th in final table.
yep, this also has to be reviewed, I have an other version, who took part at least three times in the pro, finishes in the pro season's results. It's better than the other idea Ithink.

Zak

CTG

I can't understand that rules. Perharps its too late now to see them clear. But I think you want to use a very difficult pointsystem. Why don't you try an easier one? Like the rules in the championship of 2002.

BonzaiJoe

No no no, this one is five times as simple as the one in 2002. Okay, pro competition = points. Simple. Amateur competition = Average ranking + something to secure that people send replays in. Only your 10 best races count.
What's so difficult to understand?

alanrotoi

CTG

Sorry I was too tired to understand anything...  :oops: