News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

A partial sequel

Started by THarte, June 01, 2002, 04:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THarte

I have begun work on a partial sequel to Sports 4d Driving. The idea is essentially to update the existing game in graphical terms and to add multiplayer, but also I am considering what flexibility can be added with a new track format. Anyway, the home page is :

www.megaone.com/stuntmania/

And I'm really just looking for comments & offers of help at the minute.

roywiegerinck

Great idea ! I think it's a good idea to make the graphic level higher and a multiplayer mode would be great !

I'm afraid I can't help; I'm not such a programmer.

Good luck !

THarte

Regardless of whether you are a programmer or not, you could always try the newer version I just uploaded which features scenery interactions!

Now I've started it I'm having lots of ideas for improvements. Probably none of these will make it into the game, or if they do not for years, but what do people think about :

- a relay race. Allows teams to compete in a relay, i.e. driving to one end of the track and passing some object to the next player in their team (probably by driving into them - I hope my collisions will be a lot less destructive than the old ones) in order for them to drive back to the first end, and so on. Allows Stunts teams to all compete in the same race!

- checkpoint based tracks in addition to the simple lap affairs, with ordered checkpoints allowing a track designer to force players to double back on themselves, attempt trecherous routes, etc

- a balloon race. Your car is coated in balloons and you are marked at the end of the race not only on time, but on the number of balloons you managed to pop by taking various crazy risks while doing the stunts

Thoughts?

gowerski

I was following this site a while ago but then it just went down.  If anyone knows where to find stunts mania again on the web please post it as it was looking rather promising.

thanks

al il professore

yes thats annoying i dont remember how to reach it now... wait

http://ultimatestunts.sourceforge.net/ is another project

www.crashday.com will be available on kazaa as soon as it will be on stores (for testing purpose. then buy it if you live with more than one dollar a day like the minority of the population of this planet)

and thomas'? i dont know... help me!
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

satanziege

Damn! Crashday looks really cool, that might become the reason I'm looking for to buy a Geforce4 (or better ;) ).
I hope those guys don't blow it ;)
FNORD!

al il professore

geforce? whats that?

the only game i cannot run without any 3d card is flanker 2, but i fear it DOESNT come from the graphic card... and flight sim 2004 is working also.

all the games i need are working, and i need flight simulators. falcon 4, eurofighter tycoon, mig alley, flying corps, red baron 3d... i wait also for knights over europe http://www.aspectsimulations.com/Prod_KOE.htm to kill me.

geforce4! we dont need a stinking 3d acceleration!!!
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

al il professore

well, take this words as from one who lives with a spectrum in his mind... that is 128ko ram :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the title of the ZCT269 track, from ZakStunts season 2023?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview