News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Changing teams

Started by Mingva, November 10, 2002, 11:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mingva

Why pipsqueaks by changing teams brings his points to the new team? It's unfair.

Example 1. I'm showing to my teammate my replays with tricks and shortcuts, he's learning from it, achieving good results, wins points to the team. Then suddenly he decides to form his own team. And all his points goes to his new team. But those points was achieved with my help!!! It was team work and team points couldn't be deleted!!!

Example 2. One team is leading in competition. And then 2nd and 3rd teams decides to merge. In that case they can overtake leading team!!! Or even 2nd team can sign pipsqueak with a lot of points from other team, and overtake leading team too (the situation with Cork's or Orion team).

In real life racing driver don't brings his season points to his new team.

CTG

I agree!!! Alan Rotoi was a member of Unskilled Drivers in May...  :D

alanrotoi

Eh loco, que te pasa conmigo? Yo que, yo que? Calladito la boca vos eh? Me entend?s? O se pudre todo ac?! Siempre conmigo vos loco eh? Ya te voy a agarrar a vos!

Hehe it was threat, but of course it was a joke  :lol:

I agree with the "non carry points" from a team to another team. It harmed more than it benefitted me, but I think we can't change the rules almost finishing the year. We could suggest new rules for next year.

BonzaiJoe

That's all very fine, but do you have an alternative? Cause I don't...
But we can't be quite sure.

alanrotoi

Alternative? Don't mix pipsqueak's scores with teams scores... Don't carry your points for every team you take part

Mingva

Alternative - if player changes team, his points from previous team stays to that (old) team. He brings 0 points to his new team.

zaqrack

Whatever you do, please decide fast to carry/not to carry points, because nowadays I'm coding the 2003 system, and if pipsqueaks don't carry points, it's much more complicated.

And before you decide, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE think as a beginner too.
You join in january, achieve quite good results, but you only form a team in april. Whatever your results are, there's no chance to win the team competition.

Maybe when you join a team, if you change your points doesn't count, but if it's your first team, your prev. scores count?

Please comment.
Zak

Mingva

I only can agree with real life racing situation - player don't brings his points to the new team.

You join in january, achieve quite good results, but you only form a team in april. Whatever your results are, there's no chance to win the team competition.

But he can join to existing team :P If he'll want his own team, he'll form it in the first race or after it.

P.S. I'm thinking as a beginner. I was against it when formed MeganiuM and Cork's teams (and overtaked Orion by this weird situation), but I wasn't very active in forum, and didn't protest. Think about pipsqueak, who enjoys with team's 5th place, and then suddenly few pipsqueaks forms two teams, and that pipsqueak's team goes down 2 places :x Is this fun???

alanrotoi

Quote="Mingva I was against it when formed MeganiuM and Cork's teams

???Otra vez??? Eh loco, ?que te pasa conmigo? ?Yo qu?, MeganiuM qu?? Calladito la boca vos tambi?n ?eh? ?Me entend?s? ?O se pudre todo ac?! ?Siempre conmigo vos loco eh? ?Ya te voy a agarrar a vos!

Hehe it was threat, but of course it was a joke  :lol:

Threatened List:                                          
1. CTG (cought talking about a MeganiuM pipsqueak)
2. Mingva (cought talking about MeganiuM Team)

:wink:

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Foundation of Cork's Crew, Argammon to Orion team... all is against Looping Warriors team :twisted: , we have lost our 2nd place :twisted: , and we'll lost 3rd place :twisted: . 5 member team?! What is this? :twisted:  If any of these 5 drivers find a trick or shortcut, all 5 drivers will know this, despite not all of them would deserve it. :o  And Argammon is a 1st class driver and 1st class shortcut finder and Alain is a 1st class shortcut finder. :)  Another idea: who wants to create with Usrin and me another 5 member team? :)  Let this war begin! :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Mingva

I'm thinking: if Bismarck or Alan Rotoi would join to Orion, our team would be 2nd?

:roll:

btw, Looping Warriors could merge with Unskilled Drivers :lol:

alanrotoi

If I download Looping Warriors Trial Version 30 days! Can you tell me the zct19 trick? ;)

BonzaiJoe

I have a suggestion: Let's all merge our teams, so we can all win the competition with about 1000 points! That way it will be much easier, only one person has to find that shortcut and then the others can work hard to get a better time.
But we can't be quite sure.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: "Mingva"btw, Looping Warriors could merge with Unskilled Drivers :lol:

Hahaha. Or you can accept Short Cutfinder, SDK or Evair E. Monenegro to your team. :lol:
With the merge we would lose points. It would be worthy only if Unskilled Drivers had a good shortcut finder. :roll:

Bonzai: you're right!
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Argammon

I don't really know what's going on in the stunts world but as far as I know the Orion team only had 3 or 2,5 ;) real drivers while the other team members are rather trainees...

I doubt they will ever find a shortcut (the other drivers don't find)or drive faster than any of the vets here which's the reason I would not call it an unfair advantage.

Actually it's good for the community because that way more drivers will *hopefully* get better quickly so there will be more drivers competing for the points :)