News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

suggestion for the future

Started by DukeBismarck, August 05, 2002, 07:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DukeBismarck

If you use PHP and a database now, the following idea should be possible:

You can make a form, where a user can enter his name (if he is a new member he also has to enter his picture file and nationality) and his stuntsfile. You could check in the database, whether it is a new member or not, so you could add him to the scoreboard. You also has to check, whether the file is a stuntsfile and whether it is the correct track and which time was driven. So you could add his time in realtime by php, but with a sign, that this time wasn't checked by you, whether it is a valid one or not.

So if you have time, you could watch the replay and check, whether it's valid or not and then you could delete the sign or the replay from the scoreboard, so we could see in realtime, when new times arrive, for the case that you are not available for a longer term.

ZCT16 will be mine. None of this soccer-worldchampionship-loosers or not qualifiers will win this track. I avouch that to you.

Edited by: DukeBismarck   at: 8/5/02 8:05:22 am

zaqrack

Hi!

Yes, this was in my mind when I made the php site.

This is one solution, but the other is to have someone who helps me updating, when I`m not here, it`s easy to use the admin interface.

I`ll think about the 2 solutions.  

Zak