News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Questions?

Started by Anonymous, February 22, 2002, 08:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Hi pipsqueaks,

if you have any questions about the competition, the rules or anything else in connection with ISA, don?t be shy to ask here! We?ll try to answer everything!  

ISA represented by Ruepel and Pershing II

zaqrack

Some things are unclear within the rules, what`s allowed and what isn`t, but soon I`ll get answers, you may accept or reject my replays.   Anyway I thought everything is allowed, until one of your wheels is on (above.  the road, if you`re jumping, you can leave the track, but you must land on it. Am I right?  

Zak

Argammon

I actually won't flame now because this a more serious topic than the other cr*p.

Zak's question is a good one:

Please take a look at the december competition winning replays,Pershing.

Is the big jump over the house allowed?

I mean you do actually 'cut' the road there although you can land on the road if you are skilled...

What I mean is that if you wouldn't jump and you wanted to drive the same line you had to drive over a lot of grass...

Allowed or not?

2)Tracks:I must say they look good,w/ shortcuts out of business the tracks should be made as hard as possible IMO and they just look like that.Good job there!

3)Will there be a monthly competition soon?

8 tracks are 7 tracks to much to race  

Bonzai Joe

I got lucky and jumped through a loop like a ghost in one of your tracks. Is that allowed?

Anonymous

Hi pipsqueaks,

before I?ll answer your questions, I want to say something to Argammon: I?m very happy that you are starting to be constructive.   We had difficulty communicating, but I hope it will change.  

Rules:

The first problem is that we can?t say a special shortcut/bug/fast grass/... is allowed on the one track, but not on another one. We?ll have to make strict rules, which will count for every track.

The second problem are the differing opinions between Ruepel/Agent Orange and me (We 3 are the committee of the ISA)

But we?ll try to solve the problems on Monday. I fear it will be a longer discussion, but I hope that we can present the results on our site monday evening. If not I?ll tell you in the forum.

Monthly competition:

There will be a semimonthly competition hopefully starting on 1st March. A season will content 10 races. The winner of every track will get 10 points, the second one 6, 3rd 4, 4th 3, 5th 2, 6th 1. All points will be added up at the end of the season and the driver with the most points will be the champion. There will also be a team championship. The points of the max. 2 drivers/team will be added for the team champ. .

Maybe you?ll ask why just 6 drivers are getting points: That was our system before we went to the Net, and it will be in it too. The other drivers can collect points for the ISA-Worldranklist, which will also take into consideration Zaks and Roys comps. Its system will be explained soon on our site. The best 16 drivers of it will fight in a K.O.-Modus for "The Cup". It will be a special competition between the regular ones. With between I mean 5 months season, 1 month Cup, 5 months season and so on... = 2 seasons/Cups each year

@Bonzai Joe:

We will decide it on monday too. It?s possible that we will not allow to use bugs in our competition. It would also mean, that Roy, you and I will have to drive some tracks once more... Sorry!

Please be patient for some hours (hopefully just hours...).  

Pershing II - Official speaker of the ISA      

Bonzai Joe

About bugs, in some ways it sounds fair not to allow them, since that also has little to do with driving well, but in other ways... It is not the driver's fault if a bug happens. It is, on the other hand, the driver's fault if he takes a shortcut.

So, if in some tracks you get to a point that you just can't get past legally because some bug happens, like you drive through a loop or a slalom block, it would be annoying if you have to start over. But it's your call  

Anonymous

Hi Bonzai Joe,

I know what you mean, but we have solutions!!!

We talked about the rules problem today and it?s a bit strange,   but it just took us 5 minutes!!!  

Our decision is the following:

There will be different rules for the permanent comp. and the championships. Sounds complicated, but it isn?t:

Perm. comp.:

There are just two rules: 1) Stay always on the track (at least one wheel should be on it). 2) In the air you can be over the grass and bugs are allowed too.

Championships (Season and Cup):

Stay always on/over the track and don?t shortcut by jumping. Bugs are not allowed.

Details you will find on our site in the evening.

Pershing II  

Bonzai Joe

Can you do loop jumping and horizontal corkscrew skipping? (driving through on the left or jumping over the red barrier)

Anonymous

I know this question will come.  

Here?s the answer: There will be 3 exceptions in the championships-rules:

1) Horizontal corkscrew skipping, in the ways Bonzai Joe described, will be allowed.

2) You can jump over (not beside) vertical corkscrews, if you are able to.

3) You can drive on divided highways.

Loop-jumping won?t be allowed.

Thanks for asking,

Pershing II

P.S.: Sorry, we didn?t manage it to update our site today.  

DukeBismarck

Can you also drive with red cars over white streets or do i have to use yellow cars on black streets if there is a tree on the left side ?

Bonzai Joe

Drive the competition or don't drive the competition, it's your choice.

But it seems clear that if you are 200 meters left of a Gas Stations, you can't go in the 4th gear if you have just come down from a jump and you're driving against Cherry or Bernie.

zaqrack

Anonymous

Hi, Bismarck, here?s the answer for your question:

You have to drive with a pink matchbox-smart on yellow pages, otherwise you?ll be disqualified. But we are not cruel, and so you can also take your Lamborghini LM002 if you want...

DukeBismarck

Thanks a lot. Now all questions are answered. So have fun.  

Anonymous