News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

More rule questions

Started by Argammon, March 17, 2002, 01:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argammon

1)Why do we have to drive the full loop but not the corcsrew?

That's not really consequent.Loop jumping is fun and difficult,why don't you let us do it?

2)I happen not to use replay handling driving with the Indy because it is a lot more fun w/o + a fast car.

But no replay handling means I have often hit the grass if I come from a jump and land on a banked corner.I think that has nothing to do with shortcuts and I should be allowed to drive on if I come back to the road as fast as possible.

3)The same thing comes to mind if someone accidently has to much speed in a corner and takes a longer way than necessary.Of course I would agree it's not allowed to cut.But why do you have to restart driving only because you missed the corner?Well it's still easier to understand than point 2)

4)If a loop is close behind a jump the car often happens just to fly through it instead to drive the whole loop even if you land on the right spot.(happens only with +200 mph)

Why do we have to drive again?I mean it's not my fault if the damn indy does descide not to drive the loop   even though I drove the correct way.

Ruepel

Sure, it's easier with replay handling.

And that's the point.

Replay handling hasn't anything to do with driving skills.

For me, it's like doping in sports.

12XU

Ruepel

Anonymous

Hi Argammon,

because Ruepel didnt answer your questions I?ll try do it.  

1)Why do we have to drive the full loop but not the corcsrew?

That's not really consequent.Loop jumping is fun and difficult,why don't you let us do it?

The problem are not the loop-jumps which you mean, but the ones at a low speed. It?s just stupid if you cut a loop at a low speed, for example after a short corner. And it would be too complicated if we would make an exact rule at which speed a loop-jump is allowed.

2)I happen not to use replay handling driving with the Indy because it is a lot more fun w/o + a fast car.

But no replay handling means I have often hit the grass if I come from a jump and land on a banked corner.I think that has nothing to do with shortcuts and I should be allowed to drive on if I come back to the road as fast as possible.

It hasn?t to do anything with shortcuts, that?s true.

But: How should we know that sy. really doesn?t want to make a shortcut? That?s the problem with the 'trust' again.

3)The same thing comes to mind if someone accidently has to much speed in a corner and takes a longer way than necessary.Of course I would agree it's not allowed to cut.But why do you have to restart driving only because you missed the corner?Well it's still easier to understand than point 2)

Same answer as to 2)

4)If a loop is close behind a jump the car often happens just to fly through it instead to drive the whole loop even if you land on the right spot.(happens only with +200 mph)

Why do we have to drive again?I mean it's not my fault if the damn indy does descide not to drive the loop  even though I drove the correct way.

It?s a rule: Using Bugs is not allowed, even if they happen accidently.

zaqrack

what?

I don`t have to drive the corkscrew the right way???

Substract 2secs from my Glasgow time then!  )

I should read the rules more careful.  

Zak

Argammon

About the loop jumps:

Why don't you allow those jumps where you jump from the outer side of the loop to the road behind the loop?

You can only do those with high speed.The jump through middle of the loop could still be prohibited

Anonymous

@Zak: Sorry!    

@Argammon: Don?t you break the "always stay on/OVER the track"-rule with a loop-jump the way you mean? Please send us an example of such a loop-jump. Thanx!

Mail to:

ISA-online@gmx.net

Bonzai Joe

I think he means like the one I did in HiSpeed2

It doesn't break the rule, but it's a bug in the game.... or, of course it does break the rule in a way, because you don't get to the left side of the loop at any point.

Argammon

I just send a replay containing the loop jump to ISA-online@gmx.net

I does not break any other rules,please allow it  

And if you do don't tell the others how I did it  

Anonymous

We came to a decision in the 'loop-jump-case':

We will not allow the sort of loop-jump Argammon has shown us. The reasons:

1) It breaks the 'Always stay on/OVER the track'-rule.

2) We want to avoid too much exceptions.

Sorry Argammon!  

But thanks for the replay, it is one of the best Stunts we?ve ever seen, and surely we won?t tell the others.  

Best Regards,

Your ISA-Team