News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Real tracks?

Started by Bonzai Joe, April 06, 2002, 03:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonzai Joe

I'm sorry to say this, but I really hope you are not going to make all your tracks lige Bogota or Toronto. It's just too much power gear, too much going straight forward or on banked roads. Too much replay handling in order to get through the hard parts at top speed. It only makes you tired and angry. Sure you can make longer tracks, but you won't see a real gap if most of the tracks is just about pressing the speeder and the difficult parts of the track are only about trying 100 times until you get it right.

Let's have slower tracks, corners, obstacles all the time, less power gear, like Glasgow, ZCT11, CTRACK31 (Kalpen), etc.

Just advice.

ben snel

I agree and disagree.

Err,well, this is not a contribution, better elaborate:

agree: easier tracks will be less time-consuming, and for me this gotta be a LITTLE hobby

disagree: easier tracks will be less challenging.

Hehe, but quit thinking you're the best when it comes to straightforward racing: I did that too, but I concluded that we ALL are very good pipsqueaks. I doubt if the results would be very different if we had easier tracks.

Bonzai Joe

See that's the whole point, I want harder tracks that are not straightforward and where it's about doing things in the best possible way, not just about trying 100 times to get some power gear stunt right. I mean anyone can do it if they just try for long enough time. And you can't even do off-track tricks, so I don't think there will be any gap.

Anonymous

Ok guys,

no problem, the next track will be a very challenging one. A friend of mine is known for making Xing hard tracks. I'll ask him to make a track for us.

The reason why Bogota and Tronto are so similar is because Ruepel made both of them. He likes fast tracks.

I made the Glasgow. It's one of my best tracks I ever made and it will be hard for me to make such a one

again.

Beside that: You are also invited to make a track.    

Bonzai Joe

Well thank you Pershing, but I suck at making tracks. All I can do is tell other people what they do wrong  

About hard tracks. Well, you can say that I'm saying this because I won at Glasgow, but it was a really good track, and tracks should be like that one. I like hard tracks, but I hate tracks where all you have to do is try again and again to get some hard part right, and then once you've gotten it right, there's no way to do it right. Also remember that a track isn't harder because it's longer. And also remember that I'm only trying to help you, and I might be wrong  

Anonymous

Quote: And also remember that I'm only trying to help you,...

We know!  

And we like it if people criticize us in a constructive way. It's the only way to get better. We are making a competition for you and not for us. That's why all of you are always invited to make suggestions, critics, etc. We are a new competition and so there are still a lot of things which can be made better. (Also the number of competitors   ) The invitation to make tracks for our competition was not just for Bonzai but for all of you.  

Ruepel

I agree with Pershing. No problem if you critisize our tracks.

With Bogota and Toronto: It's just my taste, but i will try to change.

sorry about my writing but i'm sooooooooooo pissed

12xu

Bonzai Joe

Yeah Ruepel I'm sorry, I was just also soooo pissed after having tried the same part of Toronto at least 40 times and then thinking back on Bogota... but as so many other things, it's a question of taste. I dislike that kind of track, but maybe others like it, so I guess I'll just have to try my best.

Ruepel

Oh,

slight misunderstanding: I meant drunk not angry  

No it's really okay, I can make only tracks of my taste, but Pershing will make someones like Glasgow and we know three guys who would make tracks for us.

So keep driving

and

12XU

juank 23

who can say wich track is difficult or not , i think fast and slow tracks are the same, but in personal i think fast tracks give more problems because of the speed, i like ruepel tracks and pershingII too, the only problem is replay handling thats the real problem i am going to start today with the tracks(zak and isa) and i hope my time be on top 3 but just a dream because of the replay handling ALL OF YOU USE, what a mess , good luck guys  

Anonymous

Thanx for the positive reaction about the tracks, and also good luck.

@ replay handling: Yes, it's a mess. But I must admit, that I use it automatically, even if I don't max out the tracks. I have 3-5 Checkpoints at every track, from which I start again, and again, and again... It's a problem...