News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Number of competitions

Started by Anonymous, March 11, 2002, 10:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Hi Stuntsracers,

in the last weeks the number of active stunts-competitions doubled. I worry that we?ll have a lot of small competitions but no big one. I don?t want anybody to close his competition, but I think we shouldn?t make competitions of the same character.

Nobody will argue that the slower-car-competition belongs to Zak. But what?s with the others? We have 3 active Indy-competitions at the moment on 3 different sites. I?m really happy that the interest in stunts is developing positively, but I fear that the Stuntsdrivers-community will be splitted, if there will be more comps. There?s not a lot of drivers, who have enough time to drive at every competition. But maybe some of them want to, and so they try to send a time to every competition, but of course their times will be weaker then and the Competitions will loose their level.  

Here are some suggestions:

Please vote and express your opinion about the following "solutions":

VOTE! (or bring in your own solutions)

1. We concentrate on one BIG competition and close the

others.

2. We make 2 competitions with different characters:

One for the Indy and one for the other cars.

3. We split the 2 competitions into a shortcut-free and

into a "normal" one, so that we?ll have 4 comps.

4. We will wait and see how the competitions will

develop and talk again about this topic in a month.

5. Utopia: We make one VERY BIG Stunts-Site with

different moderators and different competitions. This

would be great, because then we would avoid the big

number of the different sites and every greenhorn

would stay on this one BIG one and all the best  

drivers would be at one location.

Please VOTE!

My opinion:

I vote for 4, (5 would be fantastic, but it?s not realistic

for me at the moment   ) I think that this topic is important, and that?s why I opened it now, so that we?ll have more time to come to a solution.

zaqrack

HTML Comments are not allowed

Anonymous

Q: And my Utopia: we have a community with about 60-100 pipsqueaks who race in the competition they like, about 6-10 competitions with different ideas, and different webmasters, and one big Stunts-Portal where all the webmasters can post news, and all the scoreboards and links are up, and also a big forum, to allow commenting everything.

It would be really great, just fantastic!!! It?s just what I meant with the on VERY BIG Stunts-site.  

Do you how to make such a big Stunts-Portal?

zaqrack

I have lots of webspace at my friend`s server, and such a portal needs only about 2-3MB, so it shouldn`t be a problem.

I know HTML, and a bit of php, so making the bases would be easy, and I though we could have:

1. own forum

2. mailserver for all stunts pipsqueaks (like the forwarded cjb.net addresses)

3. replay-analysises, and different regularly updated sections and reviews made by someone.  

and so on...

btw, now we have 5 competitions!, and again this has new rules.

just got a mail:

wschampionship.cjb.net

World Stunts Championship

Tuned cars are ALLOWED. I`m curious about this.  

Zak

roywiegerinck

Well, I think having one big Stuntssite is greatwith diffrent comps.

But it also would be great having one big comp. with like 25 pipsqueaks or something. Just like the (previous) Kalpen

zaqrack

I still believe, that if we make one big site, it should only contain the scoreboards and the links together, the current tracks for download always, and a big forum.

That means it`s enough to use the portal for a pipsqueak if he wants only to take part in the comps and in the community, but for the extras he has to visit the sites. (like the games at me)

I don`t know about you ppl, but I need a bit of individuality.   I need the choice to form my site as I want, and not to have to ask other people that I can do it, or not.  

Zak

roywiegerinck

I agree Zak, you still have the biggest comp. site  

But if I want to take part in all comps. I can't set good times for all comps. The times in thge comps. will be not maxed out

Bonzai Joe

I like the portal idea, but I think it's good as it is also. 4 competitions are more than enough, but as Zak says, they are all different. I don't think the one with the tuned cars will be a hit though, it seems really stupid and time-demanding.

Anonymous

Ok, guys!

I read now your Ideas and come to result:

My Dream:

We will have one big Portal where you can find the

- scoreboards

- standings

- statistics

- a World-Rank-List

- Downloads (Stunts + tracks)

- forum

- links

- e-mail-section

- chatroom

Is this ok?

I tell you in advance that I would be ready to make the statistics (I love them) and the WRL.

We should also find a name for our stunts-organization.

About the number of competitions:

We should first try to build up a bigger Stuntscommunity and then we should talk about the number of comps. A league for slower drivers/newbies like the Formula 3000 would be great!

It would be fantastic if we could make such a portal until May/June.  

zaqrack

An own forum isn`t such a big work, I could do it after some days of learning, abd there are ad-free online chatrooms, it`d be a bigger work.

The other things are nothing.  

www.stunts.net ? It`s not reserved.  

I guess I can make on my friend`s server a password restricted-login thingie, so only webmasters could update the scoreboards and post news, the others post in the forum...

But first we need some pipsqueaks.  

roywiegerinck

Wow ! great ideas !

Stunts.net sounds great !

I also like Perhings II idea.

2 levels where you can degrade from level 1 to 2 and graduate from level 2 to 1

That'll be possible.

That'll be cool if we get more than 20 pipsqueaks  

Anonymous

www.stunts.net !!! That?s absolutely wonderful!!!

What we have to do now primary, is to get as much drivers as possible. But we shouldn?t also start too late to make plans about the organization of the site. Like who will do what, the design, the name and other stuff.

We should start to collect ideas and talk about their advantages/disadvantages. We should see it as a project and everybody is invited to work on it.

Zak, can you make a new topic, where we can discuss all this stuff?  

Bonzai Joe

This sounds promising. Just one thing to Roy about the Level idea: I think Level 1 should be open to all and Level 2 only to slower drivers. It doesn't bother good drivers if there are slower drivers in the competition, but it does bother slower drivers if there are good drivers in the competitions.

Also, I do not think any competitions should be closed. Thirdly, I would like to help out with checking grammar & spelling, since, as you will see in my Personal Bio, my only skills are spelling things correctly and calculating multiplications quickly   Also I'll write lots of reviews and analysis's and all that. But I don't know a word of html    

roywiegerinck

I guess, you're right Bonzai.............

Cool idea, this project !

zaqrack

I was wrong, stunts.net is reserved by "Stuntsmen Canada"

Anyway, www.stunts.ws (WebSite) and www.stuntsportal.com/.net/.org/.... is still available, which one do you like?

I made the new forum, it should take some minutes to appear for everyone.

Zak