News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Nations' Cup

Started by Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister, May 14, 2002, 03:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Zak, I've seen the Nation's Cup. Just one question: how do you calculate Argammon's scores?
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km

Anonymous

Hi Zak,

great idea, but there is one problem I have with the nations cup: it is very unfair. countries with less drivers in the competition have a big advantage. it's easier for them to get points. for example a comparison between Sweden-Hungary: Sweden: there is just one driver, who is quite good and so the country gets the points of the driver twice. Hungary has a lot of drivers (9 with Short Cutfinder   ), some are good, some are bad. but Hungary gets just once the points of its best driver plus the average of all drivers, which is not very high. I think it should be more honoured that a country has a lot of drivers and not how good the best of it is. I would just add all points of all drivers from one country and wouldn't make any average-points. In this case Hungary would be honoured for the mass of drivers who live there.

(beside that I can't understand why Argammon isn't able to choose just one country..., I'm also half-Polish, but I'm starting for Austria, because I don't have a Polish passport.)

zaqrack

Hi!

I forgot to write, that this is only a VERY-VERY test version.

I only took the rules from the CART series, and made a table.

I know about the problem that countries with less drivers have more advantage, and I`m working on a solution, but it needs some test calculations, and I`ll write a test tomorrow, where when I fail, I finish universirty, so I must learn. (or at least try to learn, I don`t have too great chances   )

I didn`t want to make Argammon angry, so Ideciderd this solution, but when he writes me, which country he`d like, then I`ll correct it.

Bonzai Joe

I think you should leave Short Cutfinder out of the nations cup   Anyway, Sweden and Denmark (Argammon and I) are the only countries that have scored 20's. Countries with more than 1 player in the competition can't possibly score a 20. So considering that, it is actually impressive that The Netherlands are above Denmark in the competition.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Pershing, you are half Polish???!!! That's great! Now I can understand you why are you fighting for better chances for Hungary.

Hungary is a special country, because in Hungary it's easier to find this Web Site in browsers than in other countries, because it's a Hungarian Web Site. So in other countries only real stunts fanatics find this site (who really want and who knows Zak from other competitions), but in Hungary weaker drivers can also easily find this site. That's why Hungary has the largest amount of competitiors I think. And I think it's impossible to calculate to the Cup.

Argammon really should decide his nationality. Or his scores should be halved for Sweden, and halved for Germany.

And how can we avoid the following: drivers can enter this competition with a 2nd character, with weak times, and with saying he's from a country which are ahead of his original country. It would be a very very unfair thing, but it can happen. Seeing these fast reactions, I think it's a serious thing.

Zak, I wanted to recommend you Nations' Cup earlier, but I didn't find it a really good idea, so I ignored this. Now I'm happy that this Cup is existing!

Bonus point to Hungary for Short Cutfinder!!!!!!!
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km

CTG

It's not so good comparing nations in this competition. Why? All of you have mentioned that: there's a big disadvantage of Hungary. There are too much Hungarian drivers and only three of them (Akoss, Usrin and Zak) are good in this game. I don't think Nation's Cup is a good idea.  

roywiegerinck

I like this nation's cup as long as the Netherland are first  

Mingva

From CART rules:

Each nation will be allocated the same number of points as a scored by the first pipsqueak from that nation to be listed in the results of each month.

So, it means that countries with less drivers haven't an advantage. E.g. Denmark has one driver and Holland two or three. In the zct12 Roy was 1st, Bonzai - 3rd, Ben - 4th. In that case Holland get 10pts and Denmark get 8pts. In the zct13 Bonzai was 1st, Roy - 2nd, Ben - 5th. So, Denmark get 10pts (total 18)  and Holland get 9pts (total 19). And finally in the zct14 Roy was 1st, Ben - 2nd, Bonzai - 3rd and SDK - 25th. And Holland again get 10pts (total 29), Denmark get 8pts (total 26). So, as we can see in this points system version Holland with 29pts is above Denmark. If we use Zak's system for the zct12-zct14 then Denmark would have 52pts and Holland 51,33pts!!!

And we avoid the drivers with a 2nd character too because worse results don't influence. It can be only one problem - when one pipsqueak allways is better then others from that country.

Of course it can be added a few points for the pipsqueaks number, etc.

What are you think? Edited by: Mingva at: 6/8/02 2:05:12 am

CTG

Who needs Nations' Cup? I tell you the right order.

1 Argentina
2 Brasil
3 Hungary
4 Denmark
5 Germany
6 Netherlands