News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

TrackMania

Started by Visitor, August 12, 2003, 12:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

That's official : new TrackMania game will be called TrackMania United (TMU), and not TM Planet as expected before.
Will "stadium" part of TM Nations be part of it or will TMN remain a stand-alone, I don't know so far.
Anyway, if TMN is included in TMU, there will be much more tracks elements added, including tunnels.
I'll give you more infos when I'll have some.

vamologocomisso

crazy game :shock:

kryss, im a little lost - which game is the newest and the best among all these stunts-like games ?
n?o me sinto inspirado para escrever nada de impacto, para que todos digam: "Puxa! Que demais!  :)

Krys TOFF

It depends what you're looking for.

CrashDay means weapons, Alain could talk you more about this game. I expected a lot of this game but didn't like the demo. Cars can touch each others.

TrackMania games : no car touch on these games, it's like racing versus ghosts. It's different kind of play than CrashDay. No weapons also.

TrackMania Original means fun but difficulty of racing for beginners. And not so much people for live play in these days sadly... But new TMO league online championship will start again, bringing back some pipsqueaks for sure. TMO is 2 years old, but it already had 3 free updates (called "v1.1", "power up" and last one called "original"). Last update was available 6 months ago or so. If you buy TMO now, it will already be with all the updates.

TrackMania Sunrise means speed and fun. I think less fun than TMO, but it's only my own opinion. More people than TMO for live online play, but still much less than before the release of TMN. TMS is 1 year old and already had an update called "extreme".

TM Nations : this one took all the pipsqueaks for online play since it was released because it's free and new. But it has much less possibilities than the other 2 TM games : less amount of tracks elements, less game modes (stunts and plateform modes are missing for example), more simulation driving than TMS, and much more than TMO, much less freestyle possibilities than TMS or TMO, only 1 environnement (stadium) instead of 3. Don't expect any update for this free game. It may (or not) be a part of the forthcoming TMU (TM United) which is in developpement.

Other sequels are projects and unfinished or dead, see "stunts sequels" topic to know more about them.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "Krys TOFF"That's official : new TrackMania game will be called TrackMania United (TMU), and not TM Planet as expected before.
Will "stadium" part of TM Nations be part of it or will TMN remain a stand-alone, I don't know so far.
Anyway, if TMN is included in TMU, there will be much more tracks elements added, including tunnels.
I'll give you more infos when I'll have some.
Small official website of TMU : http://www.trackmaniaunited.com/indexuk.htm

What will be TMU finally ? A combination of TMO, TMS and TMN.
All of them in one game.
A compilation ? More than than :
- new solo ways to play and new online ways to play will be added
- improved graphic engine
- TMN will have twice more "blocks" (track elements) and will be played either on night or day (like other TM environnements)
- about light, it seems a "source of light" point will be possible to configure (where is the sun to resume) and it will affect shadows and luminosity of some parts of the track
- "existential". A sort of MMORG (Massive Multiplayer Online Racing Game) it seems. How will it work ? I don't know, but once I do, I'll tell you. :wink:
- probably other features not told so far by Nadeo, but they really want it to be a real new experience, not only a simple TM games compilation.

Will it be a new game sold separately or could it be downloaded for free (like all game extensions they did before) for people that already possess all the TM games ? I don't know it so far also, wait and see. :-D

Krys TOFF

Some new animated gifs of Stunts figures made with TM, because I can't stop loving it. If you never saw those of 1st page, check them too. ;)

And a video of the new game with TMU or TMN : spinning car => http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2r275_tmntwistingworldrecord_videogames

Krys TOFF

I forgot to mention that TrackMania had another free evolution : "forever".

Now, free users of TMNF (TrackMania Nations Forever) car race versus full game users of TMUF (TrackMania United Forever) on stadium environnement.

More infos : http://www.trackmania.com/ Website now has numerous languages and not only French, English and German : spanish and brazilian portuguese are now available ! Just click the flag of the language you're looking for on top left of the page. ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Already tried...  Almost 110 medals until here :)
And maybe two weeks ago I saw a driver who was logginf off... His name was TOFF followed by a number... I didn't see his country, but I thought he was french... or not...?  ;)

Krys TOFF

Don't know, but that wasn't me : my login is KrysTOFF, Krys written in blue, and TOFF written in yellow. ;)

Krys TOFF

I'm playing TM right now, what is your TM nickname Mark ?

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Krys TOFF on May 27, 2008, 09:32:35 PM
I'm playing TM right now, what is your TM nickname Mark ?

What a question...! Mark L. Rivers, sure! But I haven't way to play now... Maybe one day our path will collide on a TM track...  ;)

Krys TOFF

I'm racing right now with dstein on a Belgian server. Come join us Mark if you're here !

Duplode

OK, my curiosity was heightened enough and I'm about to start the download of TM Nations Forever. Only little problem is that I'll need a few days to finish the download at this connection... :D

Krys TOFF

Cool, dstien nickname is yallis, mine is krystoff, mark is mark_l._rivers.
It would be cool to plan a date and time rendez-vous and create our private server to race with our favorite tracks. ;)

dstien

Quote from: Krys TOFF on May 26, 2008, 08:21:58 PM
Now, free users of TMNF (TrackMania Nations Forever) car race versus full game users of TMUF (TrackMania United Forever) on stadium environnement.
More importantly, they finally ditched that horrible StarForce malware.

Quote from: Krys TOFF on May 28, 2008, 11:20:06 PM
It would be cool to plan a date and time rendez-vous and create our private server to race with our favorite tracks. ;)
My TM skills are on a par with my Stunts pipsqeakship, so don't expect much competition. :D

Krys TOFF

Quote from: dstien
Quote from: Krys TOFF
My TM skills are on a par with my Stunts pipsqeakship, so don't expect much competition. :D
Who cares ? this is for the fun. We can hae only stunts tracks and not racing tracks if you want. Goal then is to perform highest stunts points and reach final line in a limited time period. Maybe you'll kick us all in this. ;)
TM Olympics, same spirit as Mark's Stunts Olympics. ;D