News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

TrackMania

Started by Visitor, August 12, 2003, 12:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Oh damn it, I already caught myself hitting backspace after missing the loops in my trial run of WSC#5...  :D (track is pretty nice, BTW)
Anyway, I'm starting to try online a bit more often now - even met Paleke briefly a few days ago :) We really should reunite all of us into a server one of those days...

Quote from: Krys TOFF on August 23, 2008, 10:21:28 PM
I'll have to install TMNF before then. Tracks are different in TMUF. I'm not sure the game can display the replay without the track itself.

Maybe not Krys - it seems .gbx files contain the track proper within them alongside with the target time (reminds a certain other game, doesn't it? :)). Since TMUF has TMNF Stadium within it, you will probably be able to race it.

Krys TOFF

I already played online with dstien once.
Maybe we should define a time period and a specific server.

Krys TOFF

Official trailer showing the track editor of DS version of TrackMania : http://www.trackmania.com/videos/tmds-editor/
The DS game will be officially sold tomorrow (but I have it already and will start to play it tonight :P).

Krys TOFF

Why everybody here should play TrackMania DS ?
Because it's a bug pleasure, like Stunts. Collision bugs, loopcut, ... All the "essence" of Stunts madness that is not in PC versions of TrackMania are in the DS version.
You know what, I'm happy with my TM DS game, really happy ! Too bad only 3 environments (out of 7 for TM United/TM United Forever) are implemented and that wi-fi racing is not implemented. That's the only part that Mario Kart has and that has not be improved by TM DS. You can play with friend at TM DS, but only on "local" connection between 2 to 4 DS, but not worldwide wi-fi like like Mario Kart.
Apart from that, this game is by far the best racing game on the DS.

Duplode

Something that Krys may find interesting: Trackmania Nations Forever runs virtually perfectly on Linux under Wine 1.1.9 with only a few simple tweaks. For anyone interested, the tweaks are explained here: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=14851&iTestingId=35105 . Screenshot evidence is attached below...
This means I'll resume playing TMNF often... :) ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on December 24, 2008, 11:22:07 PM

And what do you think about this...?  :)

http://www.trackmania.com/videos/tm-5years/
I already saw it, there's a news about it on official website since a few days now. ;)
I'm proud to say I was one of the very few that tested the very 1st beta demo of the very 1st TrackMania game. Many things changed in this game since then, but the "spirit" remained, which is the main thing.
Anyway, I currently wait for the children to all be asleep before installing their present. Merry Krys-mas ;D to all of you. ;)

Ice

I just downloaded TrackMania nations forever (free version) 3days ago and have fallen in love with it :) If any of you want to add me to the buddylist system, my name there is eldspir.

Duplode

Quote from: Ice on July 20, 2009, 01:48:03 PM
I just downloaded TrackMania nations forever (free version) 3days ago and have fallen in love with it :) If any of you want to add me to the buddylist system, my name there is eldspir.

Sure - whenever I get back web access at home I'll add you :)

Ice

Sounds great :) Too bad i didnt have hidden talents in this game either hehe, i am more or less stuck at 35k LP points and rank 200.000 , last night i plugged in my xbox360-controller to the pc, going to try and race some trackmania with it moahaha!

Overdrijf

Quote from: Ice on July 23, 2009, 01:34:15 PM
Sounds great :) Too bad i didnt have hidden talents in this game either hehe, i am more or less stuck at 35k LP points and rank 200.000 , last night i plugged in my xbox360-controller to the pc, going to try and race some trackmania with it moahaha!

That's the advantage of stunts, you easily rank under 200.000...

BonzaiJoe

Can we somehow make those 200,000 people come over and join Zakstunts? "The graphics are worse, but honestly it's a better game with better gameplay. The nostalgic atmosphere is enchanting"
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

I'd be happy with every 1000th pipsqueak coming over. :)

Overdrijf

Quote from: zaqrack on July 24, 2009, 11:06:11 AM
I'd be happy with every 1000th pipsqueak coming over. :)
Thn I'll be happy with all those others, otherwise it would be unfair to them.

Duplode

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on July 24, 2009, 10:59:56 AM
Can we somehow make those 200,000 people come over and join Zakstunts? "The graphics are worse, but honestly it's a better game with better gameplay. The nostalgic atmosphere is enchanting"

Those of us who own TM United (so that they can display custom skins to other players) should make up a paintjob advertising ZakStunts  :D