News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Canyon

Started by zaqrack, November 18, 2002, 08:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

awaiting your comments...

BonzaiJoe

This one has a good track somewhere in it, but it's hidden behind endless power gear streaks on the grass that make it boring. It takes 1.24 for me with Zak's rules (spending about 2 minutes driving), but I'm sure it would take at least 1.45 with ISA rules. It would be good if it was somehow not possible to do these power gear tricks. It's also better if you don't drive the Indy, but instead a fast car that doesn't have power gear. It would be 4 if not for the power gear tricks, but let's give it a 4 anyway. If the track designer promises to improve :)
But we can't be quite sure.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Good track, excellent terrain, but it has some difficult sections, and I like easy tracks. Arrived after 15th November (one point minus). 4-1=3.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Canyon... well I had a track years ago called the same. I built it few days after I've heard about terrain editor. And it was much better...  :twisted: 3 points

CTG

Quite nice, enjoyable (a bit difficult for me) and I liked it. Very strong 4 for Canyon!

I'll improve Bonzai, i promise you :D

Akoss Poo : the track arrived after date because i had family business, not my fault...  :oops: I promise you it won't happen again. Please, put away your minus point. :wink:

Mingva

Good track, but isn't almost perfect like Dover Island or El Nino. I raced on it with Indy, Jaguar and Audi.

Advantages: not so bad scenery, shortcuts, few great ideas, challenge;
Disadvantages: some elements are very close each other.

There's my vote:
Fun and Interest - 2.5 from 3
Length and Layout - 2.5 from 3
Terrain and Scenery - 2.5 from 3

So, my overal vote for Canyon is 4

CTG

Nice terrain, average track, bad time on it...  :?  Let's give 3 points!

CTG

Typical name, average (or a bit weak) track, simple terrain. 2 points

Krys TOFF

This one is a good track.
A little bit too long, but good.

I agree with BJ : this track is excellent with Zak's rules on IMSA cars, but it's good too with indy with ISA rules...

Btw, i like 6th gear and shortcuts so i like it too with indy on Zak's rules  :wink:

Can't get less than 5. That's my vote.

Usrin

With Indy, it's too simple: use 6th gear, and go... But for other cars, it's too long.

My vote is 3.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Argammon

Terrain:

'I really like the terrain on this track! It looks natural and not artificial like so many other tracks!

terrain rating: 4 out of 4

Track rating: Well if it would have been as good as the terrain it would be perfect!
It's a fast track but a bit boring of course:

To many plain roads on the track and why does that long muddy road has to end in a sharp corner?Everyone will just drive through the grass there skipping the entire next section.

track design rating: 3 out of 6

3+4:2= 3.5 and because the terrain is so superb I'll give it an overall rating of 4

zaqrack

well, a very weak 5, but I was in a good mood, there are some
really professionally done stunt-combinations, and the design is simply beautiful. A bit too long, but dynamic, not boring, so it's forgiven.
That's why the 5.

alanrotoi

I guess zak posted a 5 because some sections of this track are similar than zct20... that's why I'll give a 3, because it's fast, it have some boring sections, sometimes you find a building in front of you... Mark: 3
I guess I know who did this track, but I won't give it less points ;)

Krys TOFF

U said u think u know but don't give any name.
Go on, try a guess. :wink: