News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZakStunts sucks

Started by zaqrack, August 30, 2003, 09:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

why?

because it shows its back to the world. I love browsing it, and using it, and when I update it I always feel I made it better, BUT

I always think with a head of a pipsqueak, a maniac, an addicted fan.
If someone comes here to DL some games, then he'll find some (ok now only a very small number, but when I have motivation I'll write some reviews),

but what happens if someone who liked Stunts and says: "wow, a page about Stunts", and visits the site?

nothing at all. He comes here, he can see lots of maniacs who race hours/week, and achieve incredible stunts, but all we can offer to him is a short FAQ, and a very small number of downloads.
Ok, ok the driving schools too, but its mainly for new pipsqueaks.
He looks around, thinks "I'm not addicted to this game this much" and leaves. And never comes back possibly.

I plan improving the site to attract people who are searching information about the game itself, because they are the best possible pipsqueaks.
this means:

-we need a very detailed description about the game
-collect all the utilities and addon progs available for stunts
-write longer information about these things
-proper introduction to the pipsqueaks world
-and competitions available to anyone (like TDC or an extended permanent competition, where not only top5 is showed, but top 100

there are lots of intresting information/stuff on the site (like the Pickell interview), but all at different places.
Not as much as on the Kalpen's page (stunts/competition) but there's an urgent need for reorganization and expansion.

If you can help in ANYTHING what possibly could be intresting to someone who likes stunts (faqs, reviews of cars, track design manual, tips, utils, etc...)
then please write it here or contact me.
help me improving the site.

Zak

al il professore

one thing at a time, and keeping everything in the next version... well! zakstunts growed. lap analysis are getting professional (robotized) and lots of ancient things are reachable on zakstunts current version. thats normal thing. my opinion on zakstunts: its for the living. kalpen and lucas made the mythologics of stunts, writing down what to know about it. any project of an great library of stunts must include previous attempts. if you want to harden the mythologic part of zakstunts, add some details picked on lucas loerher. i was planning a stuntscyclopaedia. it needs a form! a real shape! html + pictures? gif animations for tips? is this the possible best shape? lets find other ways.

everything we need is on the way if we dedicate to it.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

satanziege

I think the most ingenious ideas mentioned above and one of the ideas which should be quite easy to realise is the extension of the permanent competition. There will be perhaps 1 driver per year who will even get near the top5 times, but if at least the not closed standard tracks would get a unlimited hi score list newbies might be tried to enter their time. noone will try it if he knows he's far from this time, and with some 20 drivers per track this competition might become something as the StuntsDriver Valhalla at Kalpen.de ;)
FNORD!

alanrotoi

I agree with mr. satanziege

zaqrack

just check out the permanent competition then :)

and I'm working on an enormous article :)

al il professore

i beat default record: believe me or not,

its 36 seconds guys :)
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

BonzaiJoe

If it's on the scoreboard, I believe it...
But we can't be quite sure.

alanrotoi

"-we need a very detailed description about the game"
Agree.

"-collect all the utilities and addon progs available for stunts
-write longer information about these things"
Agree but it's only the 5% of people interested on it. It's not so important.

"-proper introduction to the pipsqueaks world"
Yes it is needed. I think pro/amateur comp. is the best solution but with 20+ pipsqueaks.

"-and competitions available to anyone (like TDC or an extended permanent competition, where not only top5 is showed, but top 100"
pro/amateur leagues :) Maybe TDC winner can build a different track for amateur league.  :roll:

-"Zakstunts sucks"
100/100 people think it doesn't sucks. Sorry I don't support this idea :D

CTG

How I missed this topic in 2003???

Chulk

It happened while you were away from the hostel. (I read it in CTG sucks topic ;))
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

That's OK but usually I read all the new topics after those holidays... Somehow I missed this.

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: al il professore on September 01, 2003, 09:04:16 PM
i beat default record: believe me or not,

its 36 seconds guys :)

Suck my 35.70  :P
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

CTG

Zakstunts really sucks... no race at the moment!!!

zaqrack

well, Unskilled Stunts is a lot better...