News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Shorcut question

Started by Argammon, September 02, 2003, 05:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argammon

I just asked myself what would happen if anyone would send in a replay
featuring a lot of shortcuts.
As far as I heard Zak usually watches the replays he receives and I think the fact he is watching them influences his own attempts of finding shortcuts even if he does not try to do so!
I know he's not driving for real in his own competition but sooner or later Zak's attempts which might (not on purpose) include very similar shortcuts which he saw earlier in replays,will end up in the hand of Bonzai Joe who won't have a problem to finish those.

I will say again that I don't think they are intentionally cheating but that I wonder if there couldn't be a problem by 'seeing replays' if you are driving yourself.On an unconcious level.

No offense intended and I hope you understand me......

BonzaiJoe

Zak doesn't watch the replays before the end of the month, but he does race for real in his own competition :D (though he once didn't)
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

I watch all final replays at the end of month, and I watch them during the month if theres an incredible good time from a newbie, or a very bad time from a newbie.

Sometimes I find shortcuts which my team hasn't discovered, then the long waiting comes, hoping that they find a shortcut.
I'v never shown my team a shortcut (nor driven) which has already found by someone else (and not my teammate) before me, then I simply don't use that shortcut.

This month my fellow teammate found the shortcut weeks before anyone else, so I could drive my best :)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

But Zak said Usrin's rpl is one of the greatest rpls this year. So he watched his rpl. Why? That must mean Zak won't drive this month anymore!
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

al il professore

akoss: "But Zak said Usrin's rpl is one of the greatest rpls this year."
alain: "mmmh! i love being the fastest man on earth, geee"
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

zaqrack

Quote from: "Akoss Poo"But Zak said Usrin's rpl is one of the greatest rpls this year. So he watched his rpl. Why? That must mean Zak won't drive this month anymore!

1. I watched his replay.
2. I already had my better time than his before i watched it
3. You have seen that replay: you know its unrepeatable, so its a wrong example.
+1. as I believe all the pipsqueaks that they are not cheating (cheat car, hexediting, etc.), so you must believe me I dont use or share any shortcuts I see in replays and isn't found by my team already.

Arg

Out of topic,but:
Can you add the 49.20 I send you to the scoreboard please Zak?
TY

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Unrepeatable? You think...
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

al il professore

until sunday, i will be waiting to see usrin's rpl. please can you add it to the downloadable rpls in the end of the month if it got something very incredible?

and please, zak, tell me when my replays are strange, because i dont want my replay to get DQF by a wrong option toggled.

i dont remember how to put the following things: slow motion managememnt and fast simulation speed. i thinkwhen the game start again, it comes to default. but i am not sure. perhaps in the replays where rplinfo lies, i toggled this options by mistake... i dont remember.

please tell me your opinion.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

al il professore

Out of topic,but:
Can you add the 46.15 I send you to the scoreboard please Zak?
TY

Mingva

Quote1. I watched his replay.
Very bad :x As you said in upper post,  I watch them during the month if theres an incredible good time from a newbie, or a very bad time from a newbie. OK, then I have two questions:
1) is Usrin a newbie (hahahaha) for you?
2) if the time is incredible (better than Orion's), why it isn't on the scoreboard?
Quote2. I already had my better time than his before i watched it
And what? If you have a better time, then you have rights to watch it? Bullshit! E.g., I have worse overall time on ZCT-29, but untill 0:3x.xx it's even 0.35 secs better than Argy's. So, even author of weaker time can do a shortcut you missed!
Quote3. You have seen that replay: you know its unrepeatable, so its a wrong example.
Maybe it's unrepeatable for you but not for other, maybe it's unrepeatable today but not tomorrow!
Quote+1. as I believe all the pipsqueaks that they are not cheating (cheat car, hexediting, etc.), so you must believe me I dont use or share any shortcuts I see in replays and isn't found by my team already.
Yes, "I want to believe" (by X-Files) :D

In conclusion, I'm suggesting to you not to watch replays untill deadline :idea: As I know, RPLinfo shows results from .rpl file. So, just use ONLY this program!

zaqrack

its ok for me (less work, yeeeh :D), but then always RPLinfo time will be shown.

zaqrack

khm, and what about penalty when I dont watch the replays  :?:

alanrotoi

RPL info don't shows the penalty time :(

I watch every end of every replay to see the transmission and the penalty time. It's too much work but it's the best I think. BTW I don't take part in my competition seriously, like Zak did past year.

I belive in him.

zaqrack

having a competition, and don't racing in it is like having a former  girlfriend as a close friend.

you always want more :)