News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Video Capture

Started by al il professore, September 02, 2003, 12:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al il professore

halo!
igot a problem. i uninstalled vmware, the soft with which i made stunts movies... (perhaps i am the only one to love that? or to be motivated enough to do it?) because it slowed down my internet connexion (launching it took 2 minutes after a reboot)

do you know another program like that, to make stunts run in a window? the principle is to capture this window with a screen capture program.

so i need a program to open dos games, or emulate a system in a window under windows xp. thanks.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Shoegazing Leo

I don't know... maybe Alan Rotoi can know it (if you find, tell me where...)

Mingva

Quoteso i need a program to open dos games, or emulate a system in a window under windows xp. thanks.
That's a big problem :( WinXP isn't suitable for DOS. I even couldn't capture DOS screen (SnagIt captured only black screen).

satanziege

Do you make the movies picture by picture or is there some more comfortable way?

thanks satanziege
FNORD!

zaqrack

Quote from: "Mingva"
Quoteso i need a program to open dos games, or emulate a system in a window under windows xp. thanks.
That's a big problem :( WinXP isn't suitable for DOS. I even couldn't capture DOS screen (SnagIt captured only black screen).

thats true, altough XP is better for racing than w2000, snagiut simply cant capture it's DOS window.
I use a DOS capture program called screenthief, its a TSR. Unfortunately it cant capture video, but I'll do a little search, maybe I find that too.

alanrotoi

The animated gif I did was with "print screen" + paint + a gif animator.

I had a lot of free time those times...

al il professore

well lots of you have simply no idea of how i did that.

its easy:

open stunts in a window.

capture this window, even with snagit if you want, i use hypercam.

compress the 100mo avi file into a 5mo divx.

the step that i cannot use anymore is opening stunts in a window. vmware emulates the dos system in a window, and in this window i type a:\stunts_k.exe to launch the game.

i navigate in the games menu to launch the replay and i capture everything. the entire process takes only ten minutes.

targets: dosbox that i cant use properly because it doesnt have a 'gui' (correction, it have a gui but it launches not the game properly on my computer, i will do tries) a cleaner vmware, or smtg else.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

JTK

Alain, I never had problems with vmware and internet. The slowness must have had other reasons. Vmware runs best on > WinNT. Oh - let me guess: Your host OS is Linux or what?

al il professore

yes you got no slowness in connection, but when you start computer and want to launch a connection, try this: open computer, with vmware installed, and click on start, connexion the menu it will be two minutes to appear.

i uninstalled vmware (under xp pro) and no delay again.

Krys TOFF

I tried with cam studio on my Win Me without success...
About avi file, why not zip it instead of convert it ?
Size would be around the same I think, but better image quality and time saver for you Alain because DivX compression is quite slow. :wink:

al il professore

divx is the compression, you can compress a video,music or picture file within a zip file. for pics its jpeg for music its mp3 for video its divx. compression in a zip result in the same size for the file, compress it with a divx and the sizze will shrink to one tenth.

and all those compression methods i enumerated are fighting with tenth of compression methods, for several results. In our case, a big firm codec named MPG4 was hacked to make the divx.

divx 5 is the fastest and easiest compression method i saw.

dosbox with the gui dosboxfro opens the loading stunts... window. and freeze. they said stunts it works on dosbox compatibility page. at home itsn ot true :)

lets find another thing.