News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Retro Tracks

Started by zaqrack, September 04, 2003, 05:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What kind of Retro competition should we have in 2004?

3 out of the 13 competition tracks are retro tracks
4 (33.3%)
Retro tracks are available at the permanent competition
8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: October 02, 2003, 05:56:15 PM

zaqrack

well tell me your opinion.
either they'll be available as permanent tracks (not all of them at the first second, possibly every month 2 or 3 more),
or we'll have 3 retro tracks in the main competition, like: spring, autumn, winter, and in the summer the 2 special rule tracks.

you have 4 weeks to vote

Mingva

`
In my opinion, retro tracks should be 3 or more yrs old  :)

Argammon

For me all tracks are retro tracks which only me/bonz/zaq or noone raced yet.....

That would be about all tracks until march 2002

al il professore

yes! i love that idea!!! for august in the summer it can be funny to place a 2002 track that we can play together during stunts in budapest 2004.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

alanrotoi

Nooo!! to race again 2002 track it's a complete shit.... all again?

I like it as permanent comp. and in the worst case as migva said: 3 yrs old tracks.

satanziege

I think a permanent competition would be better, kalpen A was the field experiment for such a thing - one could see, that it was not unfair to the newbies, but the improvement to the historic result wasn't very dramatic. And I'd rather like new tracks. It's like starting a new  track with the replay of your team mate. you can get good times quickly simply by redoing it, and if you're able, eliminating the mistakes. But it's not as much *fun* as finding shortcuts and the optimal way for yourself. so i'd plea for permanent competition.
FNORD!

alanrotoi

(I can't edit the previous message so I post another message)

With only few time to race and the same tracks again you won't see me in the zak's scoreboard.

But a good idea would be race ISA/IRC tracks with zak's rules or zak's tracks with IRC rules. Then it would be different.

alanrotoi

(why I can't edit the messages? The button isn't there)

If it is the same than before then it will be "Deja Vu competition" and not "Retro comp"

argy

Alanrotoi:
I said: retro tracks = tracks you DID not race yet -----> they are new to you

Satanziege:
Most old 'winners' didn't even find all shortcuts! their replays are only a start.

Mingva

Only 3 or more yrs old tracks! I don't have interests to race in 2002 tracks (even z10-13 which I missed). ISA/IRC tracks wasn't designed for using tricks/shortcuts, so I think it won't be very interesting to race there. Retro tracks should appear if Zak will be too lazy to create new tracks :D

Quote(why I can't edit the messages? The button isn't there)
Because Zak wants to see more posts from you :lol:

Argammon

Mingva: 3 years old,why?
What's wrong with the 2001 tracks?

As far as there ain't any 2002 tracks in the beginning (if there are 3 retro tracks per year it would take like 5 years before you would see any 2002 track)

Mingva

QuoteMingva: 3 years old,why?
See my upper posts!
QuoteWhat's wrong with the 2001 tracks?
To the dumbest member of our community: 2004-3=2001 :P So, nothing wrong to me: in 2004 (in spring, autumn and winter) we could race on 2001 tracks. Verstehen? :lol:

Argy

'To the dumbest member of our community: 2004-3=2001  So, nothing wrong to me: in 2004 (in spring, autumn and winter) we could race on 2001 tracks. '

Hmm ugh...... mutters 'dumbass'

If the first retro track would be januar 2004
------> ONLY the januar track of 2001 would be 3 years old!!!!

All the other 2001 tracks would be 2-2.99 years old...

So much about math.

Arg

And:
Even if I had been mistaken there is no reason to talk shit like ' dumbest member of the community' ,especially about a teammate....

Our contract only goes to dec 2003 remember?
You are like a football manager shittalking one of his best players before his contract runs out. :)

Now who is dumb? Think it over.

al il professore

those are dumb who think a competition on retro tracks would interest somebody if its playing on the same tracks.

so we must choose tracks noone yet played from the todya pipsqueaks. I think zak played every tracks, but he is the manager, so he can still find a race he drove and no other actual pipsqueak drove yet. that means a new track.

That doesnt mean alanrotoi will race, because this guy is already out of zak competition nontheless a frequent participation, he goes to amateur then to pro, hampering some newbies to make their career.

to zak: my time is 46.15. not 47.15. and i won z29, that makes me the first to win four zaks in a row.

argammon: you can beat this time, because you are like alanrotoi, in amateur, and if you beat my time, you will win the amateur month, while i win the pro month, like in z24 we did, in the reversed way!

i will stay in orion team until 31st december 2045.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.