News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

StuntsRUS worldrankinglist

Started by Argammon, September 08, 2003, 12:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argammon

Sorry Alain but it is completly bogus!
I don't know what system you used,but it shurely was a bad one!
It's crazy that a guy with only 1!!! race is on 2nd position!!!

I guess someone would need at least 10 races to make the list and another point is that the difficulty of competitions various -a lot-
Think the whole thing over.

al il professore

just one question will be my answer:

who is the best driver from one person who did ten second places and one person who did one victory?

my personal opinion about the spirit of racing is my answer, ported into a pipsqueaks ranking. and i dont think something very pure can be the perfect thing on earth, in anything in life... so, evil is evil, good is good. but the good is going to hell anyway when he tries to be all good.

I will keep this system, change into an actor and ask me to publish the sources if you have an idea of a better world for you and your children.

SO, the best stunts driver ever was fdzierva, because now he got a compromising low ranking in ctk2003a. the next update of WRL will show that.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

BonzaiJoe

That's all very well, but someone should make a real list... there were 3 (USC, ISA and mine) and they all died...
But we can't be quite sure.

JTK

Interesting, Alain, I also in "former" contest used this rule: pipsqueaks who race more often get the chance to come higher even if their times were not so good. As a criterium I used a mix out of season's points and the average ranking. Both rankings were put together to one absolute ranking. Complicated, but it worked.

al il professore

can you please detail this point.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

JTK

I made it this way (quoting from my rules site):

"The ranking in the Hall of Fame works this way: It is put together by two parameters, the average ranking and the points. This ensures, that you can't win racing once but being first. And it also awards people who drive often but get not so good times.
The formula goes like this:
RANK = (ranking in points + ranking in average ranking) : 2
That's it. Not as complicated as it sounds."

al il professore

there is still a risk of equality?

I try to compare all pipsqueaks... we can compare only the average ranking of pipsqueaks between pipsqueaks who drove sensibly the same number of races.

For example, an "intelligent" coward like Argammon take very little risk by sending few replays, only when bonzai joe and alanrotoi are not on top pace, just to sign a BIG rating. (note that intelligent does not mean the same thing here like for a real bright (shining) person... this soul is ugly)

Then i felt tempted to count only the 5 races persons... i drawn back, because its undemocratic, the majority of pipsqueaks are erased.

Then i put all the people, with their number of races at right. it fits well.

JTK

O.K., problems like these may occure, when people race "politically". But I don't care for that AT ALL. To me Stunts is a game and the internet is a gift to Stunts pipsqueaks to drive against each others.

I still live on the basis of peaceful and positive minded people who take responisbility for what they do when entering my contest. Misuse of course is possible then but I do have to live with this risk.

This maybe a greenhornish and fatalistic attitude but I do not want to care for more. I'm not the guy for tactical racing, that's why I do not like too many rules, big teams, hiding my times/replays and stuff like this.

Hmmm, this sounds like I should start an anarchistic contest next year :) But anyway I won't.

:mrgreen:

BonzaiJoe

Are you trying to say you're too old for kindergarden??? Better leave the Stunts community fast then!  :D
But we can't be quite sure.

JTK

Bonzai Joe: I'm too old to leave... 8)

Argammon

quadruble 5 and you get 25,off topic........

Argammon

I've brought this topic to the grocery store

Argammon

After my comback I raced all tracks until ZCT 24 which was Bonzai J's and alanrotoi's  (except last december) strong part of the season and stopped to drive regulary when they didn't drive regulary/strong either..

alanrotoi

Pff it reminds me my unfinished podium replay of zct23 :cry:  :cry:

CTG

No news on Stunts'r'us since 17th November. What happened?