News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

IQ

Started by zaqrack, October 26, 2003, 11:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

this was topic for many occasions on the chatroom.
I've finally found a correct IQ test on the web.

http://www.iqtest.dk

sit down, relax and solve it if you want.
Mine is 133 on this scale, just measured. It's almost the same result like I did on the test IRL last year. That was a different scale, but I had the same result in percentage.

al il professore

its made to evaluate the danish brains... they have slower ones, due to polluted fish eating overdose :)

i will give a try to this test and inform you about my IQ in an english test :)
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Anonymous

I would especially want to see the results of:
Mingva
Krys Toff
CTG

BonzaiJoe

I will take this test tomorrow when I feel less tired and hung over. It's danish, but I haven't seen it or heard of it before.
But we can't be quite sure.

Mingva

`
Piss of, guest :P Better tell your IQ first :twisted:

Mingva

`
Anyway, I cann't open that site :?

notimetologin

I would figure that test is rather one dimensional.
A real IQ test (for example the one's you can do at a psychologist) (hope that's the right name))
is about more than only to fill the missing piece in one of 9 squares.

Actually that's the most boring test I have seen.

zaqrack

the MENSA had the same entry test, so probabyl its a good one, even if its boring :)

zaqrack

anyway you can switch language to english :)

Argammon

Do you blindly believe in the Mensa?
And even Mensa is not Mensa.
In germany the Mensa test is about 4 different 'areas' of intelligence while that test really seems to be one dimensional.

Actually if you would do some research about that matter you would realize that that type does only reveal a kinda small percentage of a human's intelligence as it is -again- one dimensional.
I have no doubt there was that kind of test in hungary,but even in mensa meetings a lot of members don't hold that type of test in good regards.

The best,but unfortunatly most expensive test would really to go to a psychologist with a diploma at which you can usually get a far diverse and test thus results.

BonzaiJoe

But that is really beside the point, as it is IQ levels we are discussing, and it's an approved IQ test, boring or not. If you want to prove that you rule in the IQ-area, rule in the IQ tests. If you want to prove that you rule at other forms of intelligence, be my guest, just don't blame an IQ test for only measuring people's boring, cold, one-dimensial IQ-level.

Anonymous

You completly got it from BJ.
First of all I don't know if that test is certified while I think zaq's was.
And more important those other types of tests I was talking about are certified IQ tests as well.
So we only got 2 conclusions:
1)Different types of tests with different results. -should not happen
2)Different types of tests with prox same results -should happen

As I said both tests want to measure the IQ,and I still think the other test is better at doing so.

Anonymous

Re reading your post makes it even make less sense!

'But that is really beside the point, as it is IQ levels we are discussing, and it's an approved IQ test, boring or not.'

The other type of test is certified also.And noone eats wisdom with spoons.Maybe we are allowed to critizise one type of tests if we don't think it's to usefull?And yes,IMO it is one dimensional!

'If you want to prove that you rule in the IQ-area, rule in the IQ tests'
As if they would all be like the same?I don't like your unfriendly 'undertone' btw.

'just don't blame an IQ test for only measuring people's boring, cold, one-dimensial IQ-level.'

The IQ level is not one dimensional but that test is.And for you,I will repeat myself: a lot of certified test's are not like that.Actually that kind of test is usually being used as a culture free replacement test!

Sorry you got no point here. *g*

al il professore

in real life i just categorize the people that speak about their intelligence, the low value of IQ tests and the size of their dick (yes its the same problem in fact) in the "less valuable persons"

I can be a good friend with other persons (5%) who with i speak long time about some deeper subjects.

In the beginning it was a funny game, nothing more. if you felt hurt by any of the post on this thread, ask apologizes to the "guest"
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

BonzaiJoe

What I was trying to say was that IQ is defined by the tests, and that you can't really expect an IQ test to be entertaining. Sorry about the alleged unfriendly undertone.