News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

IQ

Started by zaqrack, October 26, 2003, 11:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "Anonymous"I would especially want to see the results of:
Mingva
Krys Toff
CTG
Whoever you were (argammon maybe ?), I did 124. CTG and Mingva, it's your turn to make this test :arrow:

al il professore

oui le guest ?tait une personne imbue d'elle m?me. il n'y en a pas beaucoup dans la communaut?. quoique... :)
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

CTG

As far as I remember, my result was 133 few years ago (or 131, I'll look for the result somewhere in my archives). I don't believe in this kind of test anyway - sense to 2D geometry can't be coupled with real skills, knowledge or logical thinking on more realistic fields. Even with this score, I'm too retarded for chess or any table games, while some people with ~90-100 are really talented in them.

A better question is: taking account of your mental skills, what are your main strengths and weaknesses?

Chulk

135, picture attached.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

adpunk

Quote from: CTG on March 12, 2013, 04:45:20 PM
As far as I remember, my result was 133 few years ago (or 131, I'll look for the result somewhere in my archives). I don't believe in this kind of test anyway - sense to 2D geometry can't be coupled with real skills, knowledge or logical thinking on more realistic fields. Even with this score, I'm too retarded for chess or any table games, while some people with ~90-100 are really talented in them.

A better question is: taking account of your mental skills, what are your main strengths and weaknesses?

126, i remember taking another one a while back where i got 133 or 135 but i never took it seriously, it seems most of these test are based on figuring out new rules based on limited information which may be indicative of how fast you can learn, but that doesn't take into account how do you apply what you already know to a new problem or the situation where you apply them , etc.
My only weakness it's that i am extremely lazy, in fact i figured out (or at least i think i did) most of the patterns, i had more than 15 min to spare for the couple ones i skipped and didn't even try.
By the way Chess is a game of memory more than a game of intelligence, professional  players have huge mental databases of positions and patterns and basic tactical/strategic concepts to use before they reach truly uncharted territory.

alanrotoi

My wallet's weight is 126 kg, so I guess I won :D

CTG

Quote from: alanrotoi on March 12, 2013, 08:41:53 PM
My wallet's weight is 126 kg, so I guess I won :D

5 centavo = 2 g ---> 63.000 coins,  3.150 argentin peso, ~600 USD... hmmm... you can make a nice trip from that.

Friker

Quote from: adpunk on March 12, 2013, 06:20:46 PM
By the way Chess is a game of memory more than a game of intelligence, professional  players have huge mental databases of positions and patterns and basic tactical/strategic concepts to use before they reach truly uncharted territory.

Tell me more.. :) Because I am not prone to believe you.

Duplode

126 as well; unlike adpunk, however, I used all of the available time. In any case, this test appears to require a very specific kind of reasoning. It would be interesting to read the actual evidence for the correlation of results such as these these and general intelligence, whatever that is.

Chulk

Yeah, I outsmart everyone of you, suckers!!

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on March 13, 2013, 05:28:34 AM
Yeah, I outsmart everyone of you, suckers!!

suspicious as always :P

(maybe you are rather argammon)

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on March 13, 2013, 08:28:24 AM
(maybe you are rather argammon)
No way I'm ammargon... I'm already Rotoi, Gutix, Ayrton, Aburaf and AlanChuytrix, I can't have any more ghost!! Who do you think I am? you?

CTG

BonzaiJoe

I think all of us are Short Cutfinder's ghosts.
But we can't be quite sure.

Friker

In a hurry I scored 115. Seems I am the most stupid around here. :D (which is probably true)