News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Civilization 2

Started by zaqrack, October 26, 2003, 07:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

We are planning a big online competition from Civilization 2 with Argammon amongst the stunts players.
Please enlist yourself here if you want to take part.
You can download Civ2 multiplayer edition at:
http://stunts.mine.nu/misc/civ2/

Zak

BonzaiJoe

I want to take part if I can find the time.
But we can't be quite sure.

Argammon

I and Zaq already got a great test game running!

And zaq has been especially nice as he usually lets my troop walk right into his cities w/o any unnecessary bloodshed :)

Mingva

hmm, I downloaded the game and I'll try it. But I think, I'll delete it because Civ1 wasn't the game I liked. And the same will be with Civ2, I guess.

Krys TOFF

I loooove this game. 8)
But I don't have enough free time to participate these days... :(

al il professore

its a long game...

with special rules, as in civ 3 it could be better.

can we define new scenario maps or endgame rules in civ 2?
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

al il professore

http://mediamgr.ugo.com:80/html.ng/Network=affiliates&size=468x60&adtype=over&affiliate=telefragged&suba=civfanatics&channel=games&subchannel=pc&category=strategy&PT=hp&CR=mi&pez=tic

civ 2 scenarios to download. world map is changed, units are updated, you can play irak war, afghanistan enduring freedom, crush "abuu sayaf", battle of algiers, vietnam war, falkland war, it only miss a "twin tower fall scenario"
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

al il professore

Based on the book "Nineteen Eighty-Four" by George Orwell. The world is divided between three super powers: Euroasia controls Europe, North Asia and West Africa. Eastasia controls East and South Asia, the Middle East and East Africa. Oceania controls North and South America, South Africa and Australia. All of the super powers are dictatorships controlled by a handful of people. Civil rights are non-existent and all the citizens must dedicate their lives to one cause - the war effort. The continuous war between the super powers is the tool used by the governments to maintain unity and control all activities. Actually, neither one of the super powers can win the war, because they are all equally powerful. The title of the head of each super power is "the Big Brother" - no first or last name. But you are welcome to enter your name instead.

Argammon

I and zaq played a game with the following settings:
small map double production
took about 80 minutes I think.

And I would like to try a normal game before we do scenearios

alanrotoi

BonzaiJoe

Impressive.
Once, after conquering the world and possessing and glorious and fertile empire, I stopped doing anything and just pressed enter at everything. What happened was that 90% the world's population (amounting to around 120 million people) died off within a few hundred years and everything turned into swamps. At least it's good to know that it's important that you do something in this game!
But we can't be quite sure.

dreadnaut

Chulk

Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)