News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

How to persuade pipsqueaks driving?

Started by CTG, November 17, 2003, 05:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A competition manager...

has to persuade pipsqueaks to improve their performance and rise the prestige of the championship
6 (75%)
can dangle racing before the competitors but in a right balance
0 (0%)
mustn't talk private each drivers, unless he's unfair
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: November 17, 2003, 05:04:42 PM

alanrotoi

Oh I'm sorry, how I could tell you that, my poor little alain... cute cute. Is it ok now?

al il professore

I will only quote the terminator:

"I'll be back"
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Mingva

How many off-topic messages I see here  :lol:  :P

BonzaiJoe

When CTG told me you were angry about something at the forum, I must admit I hadn't expected it to be such an incredible load of bullshit as it turned out to be... you are angry because CTG told me to race? Why can't CTG tell me to race, is it illegal? Have neither of you told anyone to race in your competitions?
You almost make me laugh  :lol:  Whether I race or not is completely my own business, and if you like, you are free to try and persuade me not to race.
But we can't be quite sure.

Mingva

QuoteWhether I race or not is completely my own business
EXACTLY !!! Then why CTG had to persuade you to race on Heviz? :P Mostly I'm not satisfied with CTG's point of view to pipsqueaks :(

Anyway, competition manager shouldn't declare such things like "Alain will lose USC title", " I don't need any rcers from Lithuania", " i told him that he will lose the championship". The good competition manager should be neutral.

P.S. Imagine situation in Euro'2004: comming J.Blatter to France players and saying: "come on guys, try to play harder or you'll loose your title". Hmm, interesting what would think other opponents?
Or another situation with FIFA president: "Portugal won't win championship because I don't like their team". I guess, you couldn't find portuguese who'd like J.Blatter after such words.

JTK

O.K., you asked for contest host's opinions (back to topic), here is mine:

I try to persuade each pipsqueak by sending out a the-contest-will-start-soon-Mail to all people, who EVER raced on our contest. All people entering the contest will get the track per E-Mail so noone has to download it as a reminder and motivational service. If I visit other peoples Stunts sites and write in their guest book, I always write "Join our contest! It's great coll, huge...", whatsoever. Sometimes I ask some pipsqueaks who start to race but send no replay later (like I did this time with KHR...). This of course is totally not objective and not good! But I only seldom do this.
More I hope pipsqueaks will come to the contest because of its name and reputation. And sometimes because of the price :)

Krys TOFF

I won't enter in off-topic discussion. Let's talk about how to bring more pipsqueaks.

As a comp manager, I try to speak about my comp in the chat and in forums. Not only this forum, but also abandoware forums like HOTU.

Sometimes, another comp manager talk about my comp in his news and so bring me new pipsqueaks, like Alan Rotoi did (with success :D ) for IMSA Cup, or also like Jim did (without succes unfortunately) for WRC Stunts. Thanks for that guys. :wink:

Also, I did like JTK and sent mail to those who raced 1st Cup, and to some others of which I had the mail address in my mailbox.
Now that the comp has begun, I also sent a "reminder mail" one day before deadline to those who didn't sent any replay. But it's not always sufficient because some pipsqueaks (Alain, Mingva, Zak, Myron) "forgot" to send a replay at different steps of the 1st Cup... :roll:

But, I'm not sure pipsqueaks motivation is involved in the "prestige" of a competition, it's mostly due to the level of competitors and their numbers. And also to the particularity or the history of the competition.
Alan Rotoi or Bonzai Joe or Alain (3 good pipsqueaks, aren't they ?), raced at Stunts LOL. Did that helped Leo to have more pipsqueaks ?
The quality of the tracks is also an important parameter. One weird track can make pipsqueaks flee like Kalpen's 2nd 2k3 track... :(

al il professore

The pipsqueaks come if they want to.

kalpen, zakstunts, imsa, 4dsl, IRC got ten pipsqueaks every time. Ten pipsqueaks is an international level competition. Why do you want more? Why do you want to find them? noone came and get me for my first race, i conquered it myself.

The stunts pipsqueak is rare. Thats all.

I dont like ads. they make things like the internet bubble pop.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

JTK

@ Krys TOFF:

With the word "reputation" I did not mean "prestige". I am not obsessed by having a good prestige. I am trying to act in a clear way. I hope the Kalpen's Contest has a place in the Stunts world (it has, I know). And I hope this keeps people coming, because the reputation of the contest is good (I have to wortk on this next time by not annoying pipsqueaks too much building tracks they will not race at all :mrgreen:).

Prestige to me sounds like Pride or somethoing like this and that I guess will bring no pipsqueak.

Also Alain is right: If there are pipsqueaks out there they will find us. They bring all the enthusiasm when finding an alive community with contests. I think nooone "hard persuaded" will ever race as motivated as those who come to race and win for fun because of the game.

Krys TOFF

Just one thing : the word "prestige" is not for you JTK, but for CTG who used it in the poll. :wink:

al il professore

prestige means petroleum incorporated pollution also off topic next!

JTK

O.k. Krys TOFF, then I misunderstood you.
Anyway, sometimes it's hard to differ between "prestige" and "reputation". In my own language (German) it would be easier to say what I meant.

8)

BonzaiJoe

Say it in german then :D KHR, Argammon, satanziege, Zak and I will have a chance to understand
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

I understand basic German words and sentences, so try to explain it simply...  :lol:

JTK

Ich glaube, dass man sich mit seinem Contest einen Namen machen kann. Zaks Contest hat einen sehr guten Ruf, unserer hatte auch einen sehr guten Ruf. Diesen gilt es f?r mich zu bewahren, denn dann kommen die Fahrer der letzten Saison wieder: Wenn sie fair behandelt wurden, wenn das Geschehen im Contest zuverl?ssig und nachvollziehbar ist und keine komischen Fragen auftauchen. Dazu kommt noch der Ruf des Trackdesigns (den ich mir wohl in der Saison 2003 endg?ltig verdorben habe :) ).

Dies ist f?r mich nicht gleich Prestige, obwohl es dicht beieinanderliegt, der Ruf und das Prestige. Vielleicht ist es ja doch das gleiche. Aber Prestige klingt f?r mich nach Geltungssucht. Und das bin und will ich nicht!

Aber jetzt ist das Thema auch ausgereizt, denke ich. So, ab in den S?den!

8)