News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

THE COMMUNITY 2004

Started by zaqrack, November 23, 2003, 01:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Can you feel the irony? Maybe you understood me. I agree with Jacky and CTG, the system is overcomplicated... overcomplicated very much. Last year Zak complicated the system, and in the end it turned out that the rankings would have been the same if we had only added the points together. This year's system is much more compliated, and it seems Zak wants to even more overcomplicate the system in 2004. That would keep away me from ZakStunts and make me prefer a different competition, for example Kalpen.

The scoring must be 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1, and maybe only one bonus, the leading time bonus: 1 points for the pipsqueak who had the leading position for the longest time. It works nicely at IRC, and there are replays during the whole month. Time hiders like Roy Wiegerick are not there at the moment.

I dislike that wwe can score extremely highly by fighting for bonuses. This is a clear advantage for the Stunts machines who can drive each day. I do my rpl when I have time for it, and if I did it in the last week, I would have no chance to get LTB (that would mean -6 points to the LTB winner). And can you mention a month when there were 6 leaders in a month? The big drivers who are Stunts machines will harvest the 6, 5 maybe 4 points and won't let the second category drivers to get the 3, 2 and 1. And the values are too high compared to ranking points, and time difference bonus as well.

Time difference bonus: good idea, but each good driver would get it, redundant.

Newbie motivation bonus: ridiculous. This is not the way competition managers should motivate them. Not 100% based on performance, so this is only to make the system even more complicated.

The real value of rankings would disappear, please delete the WHOLE system and create a new one, without any redundant complication.
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

zaqrack

IMHO the best pipsqueak is not only who achivies the best time.
Several other skills are needed, and I always liked to honour those who spend more time on racing. I know that with my current lifestyle some months I drive once, some month 10 times.
If there are two pipsqueaks with the same result, and one drove 1 hour, the other 10 hours for that result, I kno wthat the one sho spent 1hr is the better driver - but I's still give more points for the pipsqueak who spent more time on that result.
For me the easiest would be to leave this year's rules - no work at all -. But I'm selfish. I want to enjoy managing the race, and for me the most enjoyable thing is when there's life on the scoreboard, when people are fighting for the places. And I guess its much more fun to race that way also.

Anonymous

Akoss: You can be against bonus,leading time,newbie bonus or whatever bonus you can think of.But that does not change the fact that a 10,9,8,6,5,4,3,2,1 system is bad for the suspense of the championship and not fair at all.

Read my first post (by guest) as to why.

zaqrack

Quote from: "Mingva"I don't like Zak's suggested point system, but it's ok :( I'd better choose current F1 system. I have some remarks about bonus points too:

1) Time Difference Bonus. Maybe top6 should have only +1 and other below them with good times +2?
excellent idea, we'll use this way.

2) Leading Position?Bonus. I'm not verry happy about it :| It would be ok only with automatic scoreboard update. Or it will be? Because if not, I don't see reasons why script should check scoreboard every hour.
I could start automatice scoreupdate even tomorrow. Because I can code thousands of checking if RPL is valid, in the end I always have to view all, and correct the possible fakes. So it'd be the following way:
I'll use the same script as for the liverace, these uploaded rpls appear on the scoreboard, with a mark that they are unchecked, and then in the evening I DL the rpls from the server and check them manually, corrext any fakes, and validate the scores.

P.S. Why you chose top6 and not top5  :?: :lol:

I hope there'll be at least that many pipsqueaks as this year, and I like the number 6 :)

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: "Anonymous"Akoss: You can be against bonus,leading time,newbie bonus or whatever bonus you can think of.But that does not change the fact that a 10,9,8,6,5,4,3,2,1 system is bad for the suspense of the championship and not fair at all.

Read my first post (by guest) as to why.

That system is completely fair, or at least by far the most fair system you can imagine, even if it has some problems. The amount of points you get corresponds with the place you got, how is that a problem?
But we can't be quite sure.

Patrick Mc Goohan

QuoteI like the number 6

I don't !!!

alanrotoi

1st of all I want to make clear that I trusted and I trust in Zak. I say it to show you it's not a bad message against him.

I just can't understand something. I'm happy because the competitions/teams pages will have (if managers wants) a lot of space and free-ads domain to place their sites.

But I can't understand a single thing about you said. I mean there is a kind of dual speach (It sounds hard but it isn't!!) as far as I understand with my poor english.

You say: "I don't want to dominate the stunts community" but after it you give us the possibility of upload our sites in your HDD. You may have the stunts community in your hand literally if we all put our sites there. I see it maybe not as a domination but as a big responsibility.

As I said I trust in Zak and I would be calm if he knows all my passwords (I know with his system he won't know our passwords), also from my mailboxes because I know which kind of people he is.

I hope my message is understood.

al il professore

h?h? who is the paranoid? there are free webspace providers everywhere, you are not forced.

Nobody will ban you here :) banning is your methods
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

alanrotoi

I guessed it was enough well explained... and it IS.

If you say it is because you didn't read my message well. Please read it again.

... and personal things out of this topic alain. I call the moderator for it.

al il professore

what is that? do you think you are at home here, to act like that? respect the other pipsqueaks... listening to the others is respecting. HERE YOU CANT DO NOTHING TO NOBODY![/img]
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

BonzaiJoe

What are you talking about Alain?
But we can't be quite sure.

al il professore

... no comment you seem like a cork to me.

CTG

back to the original topic, please...  :x

Mingva

aaaaah, new year just started. Few days left till opening Stunts season  :)

JTK

Hey Zak, happy new year! And then: You put me out of your competition links list. Only because the Kalpen's contest does not last a whole year long? Or...?