News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

TTD Contest

Started by Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister, November 29, 2002, 09:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Zak and me mailed this week and we had the idea of a Transport Tycoon Deluxe Contest. I said it's OK. Zak said 2-3 more members are needed and the championship can be started. Who would be interested in this? (CTG, I hope you would.)
Ask further informations from Zak or me (if you write to me I would prefer a mail).
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km

Argammon

Now how would that work?
I might be interested....

CTG

Of course I'm interested in but my PC (as you know) has some strange problems. I tried to install TTD for Win95 several times but it didn't work. I installed all of files needed to run this game under Windows 2000, but it wasn't successful. I don't know what's the matter, but I'll solve it as it's possible. So I vote for a TTD design contest!

zaqrack

The one I took part in worked the following way:

There was a given terrain and difficulty setting.
Every contestant had to send his savegame every 10th year, and a score was calculated from the company value + cash.
We could use the same, but with an addition that 1 week = 5 years maybe, and everyone should send his savegame every week, so 5 years play / week.

It was a 100 year long contest, but we could have shorter too.

So by far Akoss, CTG, Argammon and Me, as I see.
Let's say one more contestant, and we can start. :)
I have a good terrain for it too. :)

Zak

Quote from: "CTG"Of course I'm interested in but my PC (as you know) has some strange problems. I tried to install TTD for Win95 several times but it didn't work. I installed all of files needed to run this game under Windows 2000, but it wasn't successful. I don't know what's the matter, but I'll solve it as it's possible. So I vote for a TTD design contest!

CTG! Try to run it in MS DOS mode. In config.sys file you can adjust if you want to run Windows or MS DOS. It depends on a number: 0 or 1 but I can't remember in which line you must change it, but my father knows it, I'll ask him.
Or when you start your computer, try to push F5/F8 (I can't remember which), and maybe you can choose in which mode you want to start your computer.

917.47 km

zaqrack

CTG! Try to run it in MS DOS mode. In config.sys file you can adjust if you want to run Windows or MS DOS. It depends on a number: 0 or 1 but I can't remember in which line you must change it, but my father knows it, I'll ask him.

There's no dos mode in w2000, nor in XP.
Zak

zaqrack

There's no dos mode in w2000, nor in XP.
Zak

al il professore

It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

al il professore

It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

http://stunts.mine.nu/ttd/

Competition is opened! Let's play!

I'm a little bit sad, because the competition is permanent, but of course I will play.

A problem: competition scenario isn't available. I would like to play NOW!!!

A suggestion: performance history graph value/1000 score multiplier?

A fact: I'll play for fun, not for the higher rankings. I will rename the towns of course at the beginning of the game! :D

A question: will there be a scoreboard for every 10 years? Can a player send more than one saved game per 10 years (=can we join more than once)? Oooops, it was 2...

917.47 km

alanrotoi

Please rename a city as Rotoiland :)

zaqrack

scenario is available, I only forgot to modify the permissions :)

everyone can join multiple times of course.

alanrotoi

I guessed the contest would be online I mean all the players at the same time... :roll: Is it possible?

Krys TOFF

I heard about this game but never played it.
What is it ? A SimCity-like with transports (train, planes, roads) ?
Is it abandonware ?
Is there a tutorial or a manual available ?

CTG

How I miss this game...