News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Palanga

Started by Krys TOFF, May 15, 2004, 08:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

It's on !
The 3rd IMSA Cup is on the way.
Qualifications will last 2 weeks, don't forget to send replays before deadline that is 29th of May, 20H00 GMT+1. :D

alanrotoi

Allright! Stunts Oracle knows how to persuade people :)

Mingva

Krys, try to update every day  :wink:

Krys TOFF

I know I should do daily updates, but yesterday was a day off in France and weather was soooooooooo good I didn't turn the computer on. :D
I probably won't update this evening also, I have family business, sorry.

But I can say that Mingva improved his time to reach 2nd place (so far) of qualifications.
I must confirm that result by watching replay on top view to see if rules are respected, I just downloaded replay this morning from my job and used RPLINFO.

I hope more pipsqueaks will join, after Z38's end this week-end. :roll:

Any comment about the track ? Mingva, this is a track close to your home, did I make it good according to the real one ?

CTG

Sorry Krys, I can't join this time. I said several times I'm tired in Stunts - now I want to a heave a rest. Perhaps I'll start in IMSA Cup #4, I still don't know.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "CTG"Sorry Krys, I can't join this time. I said several times I'm tired in Stunts - now I want to a heave a rest. Perhaps I'll start in IMSA Cup #4, I still don't know.

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

For now, we are only 4 pipsqueaks... How can I make a Cup with only 4 pipsqueaks...? :(
We need to be at least more than 8...

Mingva

Krys: I think, after quals do quarter-finals. In Palanga is organised a race of 1000 km. It is held on roads Klaipeda-Palanga-Kretinga (you can see it in track scheme). The track would be ok for cars like Lancia, Audi, Carrera and not IMSA :D

Pics from Horn Grand Prix 1000 km race near Palanga:
year 2002, year 2003

Off-topic pics:
Drag race: pic.1, pic.2. My house is second from left (9 floor, I live in ground floor). View from the 5 floor house, connected with my house. As you can see, behind are oil reservoirs  :?

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "Mingva"Krys: I think, after quals do quarter-finals.
I'll decide at the end of next week, when I'll know the real number of pipsqueaks. This may be a possibility. :?

Quote from: "Mingva"In Palanga is organised a race of 1000 km. It is held on roads Klaipeda-Palanga-Kretinga (you can see it in track scheme). The track would be ok for cars like Lancia, Audi, Carrera and not IMSA :D
Okay, I keep that in mind for a potential GT Cup. :wink:

Quote from: "Mingva"As you can see, behind are oil reservoirs  :?
Not the best possible view, indeed...

alanrotoi

May I smoke in the other side of the road? :)

Mingva

:lol: Yes, you can, but only not in fuel station Neste  :wink: Anyway, why IMSA Cup is so unpopular? It's the only one competition with former ISA/IRC rules  :!: I hoped to see 10 pipsqueaks in two-three days, but...  :cry:

As you can see, IRC won't reborn. It's a miracle to me nowadays, how it could attract constatnt 10 pipsqueaks per month.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "Mingva"why IMSA Cup is so unpopular? It's the only one competition with former ISA/IRC rules  :!:  It's a miracle to me nowadays, how ISA/IRC could attract constatnt 10 pipsqueaks per month.

There's an easy explanation : IMSA Cup don't use Indy car. :wink:

alanrotoi

Yes, the indy is a key to have pipsqueaks and it is a fault from the designers. INDY has a good speed and handle (in speed) compared with the other cars, it creates the feeling of a better car.

Think about our beginning, all the time out of the road. I think a fast car like indy is easier to handle and maintain/go back to the road. In my case when I tested the cars I saw all the cars slow, boring, hard to drive and impossible to do great stunts. Now I think the same only you can have fun if you are racing in competitions or using RH. I'll never choose a slow car (slow car = non IMSA non INDY) to try a track.

So indy is the amateur most used car. Of course there are exeptions.

Mingva

Tomorrow is the last day for quals, but the number of drivers is only 7  :cry: For now I see two possibilities:
1) extend quals one more week;
2) change format of Cup.

The new format could be: quals, two groups, semi-finals, final. There could be quarter-finals, but only with 9 or 10 qualified drivers.

alanrotoi

As far as I know the only advertising of this competition is this forum and maybe HOTU's where only 0.0000001% of people likes stunts :S

Krys why don't you send emails to all the pipsqueaks who raced in imsa cup before with the track attached? Maybe somebody will join...

Krys TOFF

I made posts/ads in many forums : abandonware forums of course, but also on TrackMania and CrashDay forums (as they are considered stunts "sequels").
But with no real results... :(