News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Last tunnel on ZCT 19

Started by Argammon, November 29, 2002, 05:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argammon

The last tunnel of ZCT 19 should not be there.He makes the whole competion a gamble! (at least to those drivers who are relativly close to each other)

Let me explain:

The speed at which you can jump through the tunnel is completly random! I've tried everything ,shifting gears ,driving on one side or another it does not matter at all!

Basically every driver just has to drive dozens of times through the tunnel at high speed hoping he won't crash! I got lucky in the last replay I send in for example and I guess I will have the best checkpoint time after the tunnel with that replay and I can't even beat that old 1.39.40 time because I get unlucky in the tunnel crashing at low speed!

Ok you may think it's not so important if you drive with 30 mph more or less through the tunnel! But of course it is: It determines how fast you will drive the last banked corner.

I calculated that there is a difference of 1-2 seconds between 1 driver who got a lucky high speed through the tunnel and another driver who only got low speed.

And for you Zak: Compare at which speed I jumped through the tunnel in my 1.39.40 replay with some other replays and you will realize the great differences.

The conclusion must be not to use such tunnels after slopes again on any track as they make the contest a big gamble!

alanrotoi

We are agree!! Maybe the tunnel would be like the last tunnel in zct17: hill/short right corner/tunnel. You don't need to slow too much and you'll allowed to do a fast trick. Or a hill/short left corner/corkscrew (right/left)

zaqrack

Maybe in some cases you can continue with a high speed, when lucky, but there's a way of shifting there, which results landing with 140mph, banked corner with 160 mph, and finish with 180 mph in 20 percent of the tries. Which is still a small random, but I think you try it at least 5 times, so let's say it's not random.
Those who found that technic deserve that 1 sec. Those who didn't, those can prey and maybe have luck, and go through with high speed.

And on many tracks luck decides between pipsqueaks. This is a fact, and it won't change, no matter you like it or not.

As you are an Orion member I'm sure you know how to shift there. The only who can complain are those who drive with automatic transmission, because they can't do it.

So spend some time on it, and do your best.

Zak

Argammon!

You are not talking about the tunnel,you are talking about the last banked corner!

To clarify what I was meaning: take a look at alains or mingvas replay from exactly where the tunnel begins to the finish line. (they used the trick you were describing!) then take a look at my 1.39.40 time and you will see my sector time is much better even though  they used the 'trick' you were describing!

Now I can't reproduce that but if anyone should be lucky to do the same as I did with better sector teams he will ket a kickass time....

al il professore

i like gambling games. Stunts isnt a gamble. Its a war.

In every war, u can see in the end the luckiest was the one who forced wind of chance to blow in his back.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I'm waiting for the analysis to see how much time I lost there... :?
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km