News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Damage Inc.

Started by Krys TOFF, December 27, 2003, 01:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

satanziege

I Know I know I know :))

It's original F1- Grand Prix by - Guessed it :) - Accolade. I very much liked there stunts-like tunnel crashing on Monaco and Japan track :)
FNORD!

alanrotoi

I love those tunnels, but I like more Gran Prix Cycles. It's the same game but with cycles. It has some improvements, it's a bit better and it was done 1 year later in 1989 :)

I always imagine that Stunts it's a mix of Gran Prix Cycles and Indianapolis 500 :D

DieselJoe

Many years ago I played GP a lot and had much fun, but not much time ago, shortly before I entered this community I downloaded it again to design my Avatar.
And I had to play it again to get to that sequence - it was terrible!  :D
"Why can't we not be sober?"
Tool

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Hey Krys! It's high time to change your photo in the pipsqueaks' List. Or at least remove the name of the evil team (Orion) from the bottom left of the picture. You are now in team Damage Inc. !!!
Chürműű! :-)

513.59 km

DieselJoe

I remember something, maybe I'm wrong...
Was Grand Prix Cycles that one, where the Suzuka track had no tunnel, because they designed the track another way so that the roads did't cross?

Ah, and more funny things come into my mind - I can remember how I tried to get to the spectator-stands in GP but - after giving up after a long time and turning around - I wondered why I still was near the track! :lol:
Or on the Suzuka track - at the place where the bridge should have been - I tried to drive to the right or left to fall off it!   :wink:  

Silly ideas of a child! Were you so stupid, too in those days?  :D
Tool

alanrotoi

jojojo, I did them too. And I did it in Test Drive II too :D Ok they are oldies but "unforgetable" games :D I'll play them and try to beat Scooter Fox and Brad Gourd :D

I remember I changed the name of the pipsqueaks (hexa edit of course!!!!) and the best pipsqueak was Alan Rotoi (it was in 1992-1993).

DieselJoe

Before joining this community I considered taking another nickname  -  Nigel Levins!  :D (I guess you know him)
Tool

DieselJoe

Yes, and Nigel Levins was always the last one. Except some times (but REALLY seldom), then it was Tse.
Tool

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "DieselJoe"I remember something, maybe I'm wrong...
Was Grand Prix Cycles that one, where the Suzuka track had no tunnel, because they designed the track another way so that the roads did't cross?

Right DJ, this happens in GP Cycles. I remember that I observed it too. :wink:

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "Akoss Poo"Hey Krys! It's high time to change your photo in the pipsqueaks' List. Or at least remove the name of the evil team (Orion) from the bottom left of the picture. You are now in team Damage Inc. !!!

I have a new avatar, the one used in this forum.
You are right, Zak used last year's pic in pipsqueaks' list.
Oh, it's older than that : there's also Pegasus name on it (the one I used on ISA comp in 2002).
I'll send the new one to Zak.

Just one thing : I'm happy to be in Damage Inc. now, but Orion was no evil. I am proud to have been part of it. :P

CTG

Hey guys, this is not our month in ZSC...  :? Let's hope you'll race in March at least as good as in January!  :wink:

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "CTG"Hey guys, this is not our month in ZSC...  :? Let's hope you'll race in March at least as good as in January!  :wink:
True.
I saw DJ managed to do under 1:30, good.
But I decided to consider Z35 as one of my 2 worst results of ZS2004 and focused on the 3 other ative competitions (USC, LOL & HOTU) on which I'm still in course for a podium, or maybe for victory. :wink:
I won't consider february a bad month if I can win 3 of the 4 active contests of the month. :lol:

Krys TOFF

Well, I wanted to do a small html page for team but it seems I'm just too lazy for it. :lol:
So, I write here the history of "Damage Inc." name. Open your ears, and listen to this fairy tale...

Once upon a time, late in 2003, I wanted to change team, to try new experiments, and asked CTG, my favorite opponent (when he is racing with auto gears, with manual he is too fast for me :wink: ) to make a team with me. He was surprised but aggreed.
I could not use "Orion" name as it was Mingva's team name, and I thought also that "Unskilled Drivers" was not adapted anymore to CTG's skill. So we had to find a new name.

CTG let me think about it and just wanted to tell if he aggrees or not. He prefers to select pipsqueaks that want to enlist in the team. :lol:

My goal was to find a name that could remind our both original teams, that is Orion and Unskilled Drivers.
That is were problems started...

It was easy to remind Unskilled Drivers : any idea of "car crash" or "car damage" could be fine. So I started to think about "Crashtest Dummies". But CTG didn't like it and it didn't remind Orion name.
I had to think again... But found nothing.

Days passed, with more and more headache but no good idea.
Then, one day, I put a tape in my car. It was the "Black album" of Metallica.
I was singing out loud in my car :
    "Hush, little baby, don't say a word,
     And doesn't mind that noise you heard,
     It's just a beast under your bed,
     In your clothes and in your head !
     Exit, light !
     Enter, night !
     Take my hand, we're off to never never land... Yeah, yeah !"

And then I saw The Light !
Of course, it was obvious : Metallica is the link !

You don't understand ? Let me explain then.

On one of their albums, Metallica has a song called "Orion". This album is "Master of puppets". And, on this album there's also a song called "Damage Inc." !
"That will be good" I thought.
"Unskilled Drivers" leads to "Car Damage" that leads to "Damage Inc".
And "Orion" leads to Metallica "Master of puppets" that leads also to "Damage Inc.".
And, most of all, this song is quite speed, good to hear when racing Stunts.

I suggested the name to CTG and hopefully, he aggreed.
That's how this team name was born.

That's all for this story, I hope you liked it. After that, Diesel Joe asked CTG to join, and was accepted (but he doesn't race too much these days... :( ). But if a 4th race want to join, ask to CTG. :wink: